Local Talk

anyone in the ribble valley?! would love some new friends!

(17 Posts)
katieribchester Sun 02-Jun-13 12:41:02

Hi all
Have just moved back into the area and am feeling a little lonely! I have a 10 month old son and a hubby but spend all my time with them, previous friends have since moved away.

Would love to meet up with people for days out, girly chats and maybe even an occasional night out, literally haven't been out for years! I'm 30 years old x

DarwenTower Mon 03-Jun-13 19:38:08

Hello, Katie! I'm not Ribble Valley, I'm Blackburn with Darwen but your story is similar to mine: moved away, settled in a new city, then decided to leave all my friends to move back home and start a family, and forgot about a social life!

I'm 39 (eek!) and have DD, 11, DS1, 10, and DS2, 5

Artemis206 Mon 03-Jun-13 20:59:56

Hi Katie, there is a meetup planned in Clitheroe next week. Have a look at the meetup group for info. Am on the mobile site so can't link unfortunately.

I'm in Rossendale, am also 39 and don't really have much of a social life either, have a 6 yr old DS and a 5 month old DD.

katieribchester Tue 04-Jun-13 11:44:47

Thanks for replying girls! Am going to try and make it to the meet up next week. Will be so nice to meet some new people! Are any of you thinking of going?x

mummsy2be Tue 04-Jun-13 16:02:22

Hi Katie,
I'm going to the meet up next week and i'm 33. Hope you can make it x

katieribchester Tue 04-Jun-13 16:36:05

Hi mumsy2be
I'm planning on being there, is it 1 at the play centre?x

mummsy2be Tue 04-Jun-13 17:02:28

yep that's the one :-)

ScribbleValley Tue 04-Jun-13 17:48:56

Hi Katie smile I tried to get a Ribble Valley meet up but I was given East Lancs which sort of covers RV doesn't it?!

Can't believe the meet up is next week. I will be nervous blush

katieribchester Tue 04-Jun-13 18:01:59

I know I'll be nervous. Not very good at 'getting stuck in' with new people some people are natural at it. Maybe that's why I've not made many friends round here yet....!x

mummsy2be Tue 04-Jun-13 20:20:22

I'll be nervous too but i'm sure we will all be fine wink

Hi all, I'm new to this area too and don't know anyone. Would love to join in. I'm 40 (but look at least 50 at the moment) and have DD1 3 and DD2 3 months. Katie, I am very near to you I suspect - I'll PM you.

nomorebooze Wed 21-Aug-13 23:25:12

Hi Katie and all other local mums, im new to area aswell! living in Wilpshire, I often go to Ribchester park with my 3 yr old daughter! struggling to meet people and just seen that i missed Clitheroe meet up! if anyones around and fancies a meet up please send me a message. thanks Lisa,

LolaAndIsabella Fri 06-Sep-13 17:31:18

I wanted to come to the clitheroe meet but chickened out at the last minute! blush

batfink2605 Sat 14-Sep-13 20:45:28

Hi,
saw your message on 1:1 meet up. I am based in Blackburn with a 2 month old baby. (my sister lives in wilpshire so know that area as well to an extent).

If you fancy meeting up or chatting at some point let me know.

Cat

batfink2605 Sat 14-Sep-13 20:46:57

sorry that was supposed to be a private message, hence why it may not make sense! - however the message stands for anyone who fancies meeting up at some point!

maipop Sat 19-Oct-13 19:57:36

Hi :-) I'm in Blackburn but drive so can travel, looking for things to do whilst my girls are at school, my little boy (18 months) is bored of playing with just me :-)
Nicola

ScribbleValley Wed 11-Dec-13 16:16:25

Hi everyone, don't forget the next meet up has been arranged for Thurs 16th Jan, 10-12, 4Kids soft play in Clitheroe and it'd be great to see some of you there (if you haven't already replied on the main meet up page) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now