Local Talk

Next East Lancs/Ribble Valley meet up - over here!

(44 Posts)
ScribbleValley Tue 18-Jun-13 20:47:55

Hi all smile

After the success of the last meet up on 13th June, and the problem with adding lots of messages on the meet up page itself, I thought it best to start a discussion on here for you to help me organise the next meet up.

I'd like to organise another Thursday morning at 4 Kids in Clitheroe in perhaps 4-5 weeks but before then, would members prefer an evening or a weekend daytime meet up (especially for those who work and cannot make the daytime one)?

Places your bets now! thanks

Artemis206 Tue 18-Jun-13 22:38:01

Not fussy really. I'm on maternity leave until September so daytime is fine. If its in the evening and an adult only meet up, I'd need to make sure it fits with DHs shifts.

mummsy2be Wed 19-Jun-13 10:28:09

Hi ScribbleValley, a meet up in 4-5 weeks at 4 kids sounds good. Im also easy meeting up before then but don't plan around me as it depends when baby wants to make an appearance x

Loveleigh Thu 20-Jun-13 10:04:54

I will hopefully make this next meet up!! When are you due mummsy2b?
Did you make a facebook group in the end ScribbleValley?

mummsy2be Thu 20-Jun-13 15:26:53

Hi loveleigh,
I'm due a week on Saturday eeek! so could be anyday now!Yes scribblevalley did set up a group on facebook x

katieribchester Thu 20-Jun-13 17:45:01

Hi everyone!
Im free whenever, go back to work on the 15th July full time for a week and a half but then have the school hols. When I go back in Sept will be working thurs and Fri. Hope to see everyone soon!x

ChrissieInYorkshire Thu 20-Jun-13 19:36:29

Hi Ladies.

Happy to meet at 4 Kids again in 4-5 weeks smile

The evening or weekend meet sounds good too - similar situation to Artemis though as my hubby has to work away the odd night every couple of weeks, so would need to tie in with him (but he's always home on the weekends).

ScribbleValley Thu 27-Jun-13 21:50:40

Thanks everyone smile

Loveleigh, did you get my friend request on FB?

The local editor for this Lancs site said she can appoint another local ambassador to arrange the evening meet ups if I can't attend them. I'm happy to arrange them still even if at the moment I can't really come, but if any of you fancy having a badge to flash (woo!) and wants to set up evening meet ups, please do let AllPurposeNorthener know smile

Loveleigh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:08:53

Wow, i didn't realise how many times my message in the meet up bit posted! Only only wrote it once lol.

Yes i think i have accepted the friend request now..did you create a group in the end?

Very excited for you mummsy..keep us posted smile

Anybody got anything exciting planned for the weekend?

ScribbleValley Fri 28-Jun-13 13:38:40

hmm I think I missed your friend acceptance so I'll double check now...

mummsy2be Fri 28-Jun-13 20:04:37

Awww thanks Loveleigh..i'm due tomorrow but think this little one is stubborn! I will keep you all posted xx

ChrissieInYorkshire Fri 28-Jun-13 20:19:33

Maybe you need a good curry Mummsy 😜 X x

ChrissieInYorkshire Fri 28-Jun-13 20:20:52

Oh that was a smiley face that went wonky lol smile

mummsy2be Mon 01-Jul-13 10:58:20

Hi ChrissieInYorkshire, I have tried curry, walking, cleaning, painting etc and still nothing hmm 4cm dilated now but nothing else. At the hospital Wednesday to see the consultant if nothing happens before....

Artemis206 Tue 02-Jul-13 23:18:17

Fingers crossed for you mummsy, good luck 🍧

ChrissieInYorkshire Wed 03-Jul-13 23:19:24

Just got your reply Mummsy...I'm wondering if you are on the labour ward yet?!! flowers x

ScribbleValley Thu 04-Jul-13 09:57:41

Ooh has Mummsy popped do you think?! grin

Can people make Thursday 18th, same time and place as before? I can't do the week after and we're on holiday for a week from tomorrow. (Abersoch in N Wales - anyone been there?!)

ChrissieInYorkshire Fri 05-Jul-13 12:18:18

Hi Scribble,

I should be ok for the 18th at Clitheroe again smile

My only reservation is that Jack is a late teether and is now getting a few teeth all at once, so he's not sleeping well, off his food and generally a bit feral. Worst case I may have to leave a bit earlier blush

Have a good holiday - just in time for the sunny weather!

LolaAndIsabella Wed 10-Jul-13 14:47:54

Hi, I'd love to make some frirnds in the area, my little girl is 2 on the 23rd smile please could someone message me about future meet ups? Xxx

ChrissieInYorkshire Wed 10-Jul-13 20:00:28

Hi LolaAndIsabella,

We are looking at meeting up next Thursday the 18th July in Clitheroe, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Our co-ordinator Scribble Valley is away on holiday at the moment, but hopefully we'll know something more definite soon. Just keep checking back in on this thread for more details smile

ScribbleValley Fri 12-Jul-13 18:46:26

Hello LolaAndIsabella! Sorry I had no 3G or wifi on holiday so haven't been on MN at all. <falls over in shock>

Unfortunately, DS has got chicken pox in the last 24hrs so I definitely won't be there on Thursday. I can't work out who will be there but I shall definitely set it for this Thursday on the main meet up page and then we will see who can make it.

CheeseTastesBestCrumbly Fri 12-Jul-13 20:03:10

Hi all, I have a meeting at 12.30 in Clitheroe, do I may not make it sad

Scribble - hope your baby doesn't catch the pox too!

Artemis206 Fri 12-Jul-13 20:04:35

Poor DS, hope he gets over it soon. When mine had it, he wasn't even ill, just itchy. I won't be able to make it on Thursday sorry, my mum has a hospital appointment so I'm needed there. If I'm back in time, I'll try and come but can't promise that I'll be there. Hope you all have a good meet up.

ChrissieInYorkshire Sun 14-Jul-13 11:35:32

Hello everyone smile

Hope you're all enjoying the heat wave!

My OH has gone away for a week today (should have been next week but it was brought forward at short notice). I'm guessing I'm going to have a pretty busy week, so it might be an idea for me to skip Thu too, especially as its not looking like a good day for most people.
X

mummsy2be Mon 15-Jul-13 12:23:41

Hi all,
Thursday is looking hectic for me and I'm trying to settle Libby down a little. Will def be there on the next meet up. Hope you are all okay and scribble valley hope your little one is better soon sad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now