Local Talk

Lancaster and Area Chat Thread

(72 Posts)
GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 12:35:49

After discovering how many of us there are around here, I thought it would be good to get our very own chat thread. If there's enough interest, I may even set up a Lancaster local site.

Quick Bio - ex LGGS (the Pammie G Era) moved away, moved back, work at UoC.

I like cocktails and would like to meet people who also like cocktails and maybe would even like to meet up one evening and drink them! grin

RalphGnu Tue 01-Oct-13 12:40:46

Hi there! I'm CostaLady on the other thread. I'm 34, ex Ripley and live on the Heysham/Morecambe border with my fiancé and three year old DS. And I too enjoy cocktails!

GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 12:42:21

I thought CostaLady would be you! I remember that tale of woe - although was relieved it wasn't in the naice costa <sniff>.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 01-Oct-13 12:55:22

Oh I loved the costa thread.

I'm ex LGGS, Pammie era too. I like cocktails too but am abroad. The thread made me so homesick so although I can't move back I want to live Lancaster vicariously through you if you don't mind.

GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 13:17:00

Of course you can live Lancaster through us. I'll even give you a daily weather report if you like smile

I was at LGGS late 80s early 90s for my sins.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 01-Oct-13 14:11:04

S'ok. I have the weather for Lancaster on my iPhone app. Yes, I check my home weather every day <saddo>

But thanks for the offer smile

I was there early to late 90s. We'll have crossed paths I guess.

GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 15:23:24

Possibly.

Sigh - I'm finding that I'm always older than the other old gels. Pah.

Ralph - Love Morecambe/Heysham border comment. It sounds all glamourous with barbed wire and men in uniform.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 01-Oct-13 16:07:20

Can I drop in even though I'm down the road - I think I need to to keep some of you updated about what LGGS is like nowadays as I have my spy embedded DD going there now.wink And also we are more likely to spend an evening in Lancaster than Preston so local knowledge is always good!

LadyWadders Tue 01-Oct-13 17:05:31

Hi! I live north of lancaster, ex Ripley, (32) and my local username makes me pretty identifiable :D

GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 20:13:51

Hello all. Anyone else watching GBBO? I'm going to watch it and then have an early night. Rock and roll.

LadyWadders - was that your nickname or am I missing something? Its not unknown for me to be quite dense grin.

LadyWadders Tue 01-Oct-13 20:54:57

Its very related to my surname (although married name) and I use it a lot as a username, just not on mn main forum smile

Not watching GBBO, it makes me eat and i am dieting zero willpower

GinFirstQuestionsLater Tue 01-Oct-13 21:26:03

I've been trying to diet and was doing great until the 3 jaffa cakes and 2 cookies. You're right that GBBO is not a great program when you want to stay off the sweet stuff.

RalphGnu Tue 01-Oct-13 22:55:26

LadyWadders - KW? smile

PetiteRaleuse Tue 01-Oct-13 23:07:41

Lady you'd almost certainly know some of my contemporaries...

LadyWadders Wed 02-Oct-13 08:56:50

Yes Ralph! But now i need to know who you are grin

GinFirstQuestionsLater Wed 02-Oct-13 09:24:45

This is all getting a bit cryptic, but knowing this area like I do, we're all probably going to know, or know of, each other or at least have snogged someone we know at the Gardens / Carleton / Sugarhouse!!

RalphGnu Wed 02-Oct-13 11:28:16

Hopefully we won't have snogged each other! grin

LadyWadders using my sleuthing skills I found you on facebook but I don't think we know each other. We have 4 mutual friends though and my initials are BT.

GinFirstQuestionsLater Wed 02-Oct-13 11:37:11

Nah, Ralph. Despite the reputation of LGGS, I've only snogged boys grin

LadyWadders Wed 02-Oct-13 16:01:51

I am lost, did you find me through the Ripley link then? Send me a friend request I am curious!

GinFirstQuestionsLater Wed 02-Oct-13 16:06:42

I have no idea who either of you are, but it would be nice if that could change at some point grin.

But important questions here - do you like cocktails and have you ever been to Mint in Lancaster where they do amazing things with a shaker?

LadyWadders Wed 02-Oct-13 17:36:08

Gin... Drinking Mojitos from Mint whilst staring into space is my first choice for amazing activities!

RalphGnu Wed 02-Oct-13 17:44:37

Their mojitos are amaaaazing.

Friend request sent...hope I have the right person!

LadyWadders Wed 02-Oct-13 17:47:17

It is me! Nope i don't think i recognise you. I am now dreaming of mojitos though!!

GinFirstQuestionsLater Wed 02-Oct-13 18:48:34

Yay! People who like drinking mojitos in Mint <cries with joy>.

Do I get a whiff of a possible night out sometime?

GinFirstQuestionsLater Thu 03-Oct-13 11:59:02

So how is everyone this morning. I'm enjoying the fact that its rather warm and have been almost enthusiastic getting out into Williamson's park.

I say almost. I did go out, but not jogging or anything healthy like that grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now