Recommendation for nursery in Lancaster

(4 Posts)
benson76 Tue 19-Apr-16 18:37:30

Hi,
Moving to the Lancaster region in the summer and I need to find a nursery for my 1 year old and 3 year old. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

SpecialStains Fri 13-May-16 13:01:44

Hello there again , I haven't used any of the nursery's yet, but the top three recommendations I've had are the university pre school, the nursery at Galgate and the nursery at the hospital. They do all have waiting lists AFAIK so contact asap if you need them by July.

Sas123 Wed 24-Aug-16 11:02:12

The university/hospital ones always get good reviews but they don't have very long opening hours if it's so you can work and there are always waiting lists. Depends where you're going to be living/working really.

Lancasterlass Wed 24-Aug-16 11:12:07

Traffic in Lancaster is also quite bad so if you are living in one area, and working in a second, you really don't want a nursery in a third.

The hospital nursery has longer hours than the Uni one and if you are a health care worker I think the hospital one seems to work out well for a lot of people.

Friends use Nazareth House and like it but we had a couple of niggles when we looked round.

Others also like the University of Cumbria nursery and there is also Total Tots near jn 34 (they take them swimming in the next door health club so that is a real positive!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now