Local Talk

Moving to Leeds..

(8 Posts)
MillieHawkes Mon 26-Mar-12 15:03:39

Hi, this is my first time posting but I have found reading other peoples threads on here helpful so far. My DH and I have recently relocated North from London. I'm originally from Sheffield so being back up north feels really good already! Dh has a job in Elland and we are renting in Hebden Bridge at the moment. Although it's pretty here, we've decided that it's not for us. We are thinking closer to Leeds but haven't got a clue as to where?! We love being close to open green spaces but, also love trendy pubs and cafes. I would love to be a little rural but dh likes leafy suburbs. As we don't know anyone yet I guess I can understand his thinking on being closer to the city. At the moment it's just the 2 of us but we're hoping that will change for us very soon, so I guess good schools a must too. Am I asking too much?

ilove Mon 26-Mar-12 15:05:31

Working in Elland and living in Leeds would be a nightmare - the commute would be awful. You'd be better looking at Huddersfield/Halifax/Hebden Bridge etc

MillieHawkes Mon 26-Mar-12 15:12:46

Oh no, that's what we feared sad

Beanbagz Mon 26-Mar-12 15:13:08

I agree that it would be a nightmare journey in the mornings for your DH (nice as Leeds is). Plus house prices are a lot higher that in placer like Huddersfield or Halifax. If you are going to look at Leeds, try looking in the areas to the West & South with access to the M62/M606. Pudsey is quite nice but i don't know what the schools are like.

HumptyDumpty2 Fri 04-May-12 15:02:29

You sounds like your talking about Horsforth! Exactly what you say you want and amazing schools, I am never leaving haha

mistlethrush Fri 04-May-12 15:07:26

DH used to work in Halifax and lived in Headingley - it was fine, although he did leave early to miss the worst of the traffic. If you want to arrive at 9am sharp, its not going to be good.

North / north west Leeds has good access to the countryside and into the centre if you choose your location carefully.

missymoo2411 Wed 09-May-12 20:37:10

Rothwell in Leeds is nice and has some lovely pubs. Salute is my favourite it has major links to motor way .a largish park called spring head have a look

KateBeckett Fri 18-May-12 14:47:37

I'd say Farsley/Pudsey/Horsforth way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now