Local Talk

Looking for German speaking parents & children in the Ilkley area

(5 Posts)
Madita Tue 07-Aug-12 10:44:50

Hi,
I am originally from Germany but moved to Ilkley a few years ago. I now have two little children - a little girl (22 months) and a baby boy (4 months). I would be interested in meeting other German speaking parents whose children are speaking German. My daughter has only recently started putting little sentences together and it would be lovely if she could find some German speaking friends!

Lieber Gruss

Madita

Franny2012 Thu 07-Mar-13 21:18:15

Hallo,

Bin gerade ueber deine Message gestolpert und dachte Ich melde mich mal.
Ich bin Franziska, 31 Jahre, und " firsttime mum" zu Tom, 11 Wochen. Ich komme urspruenglich aus Berlin und wohne seit 11 Jahren in Leeds.
In Leeds, Headingley gibt es eine Deutsche Gruppe, Frauen sowie Maenner mit Ihren Kindern. Ich glaub ab 3 oder 4 gibt es Deutsch Untericht) Die Gruppe findet Samstags statt.( Ich glaub alle 2 Wochen) Vieleicht waere das was fuer dich?

Gruesse Franzi

UllaB Wed 15-May-13 16:47:52

There is the Leeds Anglo German Club, meeting once a month in Headingley.
Keen to meet German speakers too, my two kids are 34months and 9 months now and am worried they don't learn enough German as our household is mainly English speaking. Not living in Ilkley but willing to travel.

UllaB Wed 15-May-13 16:49:34
andrealeeds Wed 07-Aug-13 21:45:11

Hi there, I am in the same situation. My daughter is now 14months and (hopefully!) growing up bilingual - I only speak German to her.

Does anyone want to meet up some time? I am based in headingley, so would suggest the Heart Centre there.

there is also a Deutsche schule which now has moved to Moortown (https://sites.google.com/site/deutscheschuleleeds/). while the older kids are in 'school', the younger ones can play. I have been once but there was only one other small German child there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now