Local Talk

Leeds Mums Please Help My Case! Losing sleep!

(4 Posts)
Mumneedsyourhelp Sat 08-Sep-12 11:36:02

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a really distressed Mum. I live in a 1 bed flat on park row with my husband and 1 year old. I know that it's a noisy area but every weekend the same busker plays his guitar until sometimes past 11pm. I can cope with the general noise but his music bounces off of the building and by the time it reaches me it is just repetitive noise. I have asked him to move on but he does not listen.

There is no licence for busking in Leeds but there is a code of conduct and if you are disturbing someone and asked to move on you should. I'm in conversations with the council around licences. The police have also helped by asking him to move on but it's not really their role. It's the council.

Last night my husband and I once again kept awake by his noise and with an unsettled child searched the Internet for help and actually found him on this forum so sent a polite note expressing our issue and asking for him not to stop playing (I actually really love music) but to move to a different location down the road which is nearer offices and not the residents but again he hasn't listened.

I just wanted some help as if you are on here then you are used to writing in forums and if you agree with me thought you could help my supporting us and letting him know that as a mum you disagree with his behaviour (obviously only if you do)

www.leedsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5701&page=5

Alternatively if you can help him with a job or a music contract as he suggests then that would also be appreciated smile

Thanks for listening (a very tired mum at work)

Ps. If I could afford a house in the country like he said believe me I'd be there!

NCForNow Sat 08-Sep-12 14:59:37

I dont think it's sensible to ask others to pile onto the guy...but you're right..why don't you call the Noise Abatement section of your council? I used to have to do this sometimes when I lived in London and the pub next door got stupidly loud.

They're very speedy and come out and measure the noise and if it's over a certain decibel they move the person on.

TheMonster Sat 08-Sep-12 15:27:00

I have read the thread he is on, and I don't think there is any need for more posts from other people.

Mumneedsyourhelp Sat 08-Sep-12 20:40:19

Thanks for your responses and I agree there's already a great response so he'll hopefully begin to understand. I think I was just in a bit of a desperate state earlier but feel better now that others agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now