Local Talk

moving to Moortown

(2 Posts)
mellowsage Thu 28-Feb-13 22:32:39

hi we might move to Leeds due to job relocation (TBC). I have been looking at the maps and doing some research and feel Moortown is the place we want to move to. I would like to know is it a nice area to live? is it safe? I would like a good primary school nearby. is Alwoodley Primary good? at the moment, I am looking at the area in between Alwoodley Primary school and big sainsbury's supermarket as thats more afforadable for us. any suggestions/information will be greatly received! thanks!

Arlass Mon 11-Mar-13 17:54:38

Hi, Mellowsage. I live on the Ring Road Moortown in Leeds. The area you have decided to look at is largely a residential area with a number of good primary and high schools. Alwoodley Primary is a good school, but i think you would hard pressed to find a poor primary school in this area. Obviously the closer you live to the school the better chance you have getting into it.
It is a nice area, there is a good regular bus service to the city centre, and Roundhay Park is on your doorstep, which is a favourite with families with a couple of play parks for young children and cafes.
If there is anything specific you want to ask just let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now