Local Talk

Calling all mums!

(3 Posts)
Emipem Tue 26-Mar-13 10:49:40

Hi I'm a mum working part time with a 4 year old at school...and an idea!!!
I remember the days of wanting to go for a coffee either on my own or to meet other mums OUT OF THE HOUSE while on maternity leave or days off work!
I struggled to find a real child friendly cafe, especially when my daughter was breast feeding, then toddling and then chatting!!
I didnt always want to go to the big play centres where you have to pay in!
I just wanted a coffee to see the outside world either on my own or with others!
I enjoyed mums and tots groups but they were on set days and times so what happens if you are not up for it on that day but would be the next!
ANYWAY, Im a mum with an idea and would love some feedback, advice opinions etc..
I would like to look into setting up a cafe with a small play area attached for the children!
Just things like books, drawing, cars, train track, dolls, little kitchen area etc..
while having good coffee and drinks with homemade cakes possibly sandwiches for parents/carers to enjoy. Hopefully you may have a more peaceful hour of enjoying a coffee while the children have something to do rather than eating sugar or wondering off to other tables to annoy people!! Happy Days!!
Its all a bit pie in the sky at the moment but would love some feedback on to where this would work? (premises/areas in Leeds?), what you would like to eat and of course pay for food/ drink etc..
Generally any advice would be great!!
Thanks all xx

Mmmbop34 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:22:19

Would be awesome - you'd need large premises tho and maybe small margins if mums just sit around nursing one cup of tea? There are some new premises being developed on Street Lane, lots of mums seem to be out and about in that area.

Tanyaaah Fri 31-May-13 12:32:56

Please do it! (in Chapel Allerton if poss)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now