Baby / toddler groups & SAHMs in Headingley

(8 Posts)
Toddlermoortown Wed 15-Jun-16 13:22:41

Hi, despite my name I'm now in Headingley. I'm a SAHM slowly going out of my tiny mind. Does anyone know of any baby groups / Pre school groups or mum meet ups? I'm new to the area.

Thanks all

shankhy Thu 16-Jun-16 13:35:01

Hey, I'm new to Headingley smile how old are your kids? I don't know of any play groups, but mines past all that now as he's 6. I'm currently a stay at home mum and don't know many people in Leeds at all so my social life is pretty non existent lol. Shan x

Leedsy Thu 16-Jun-16 23:18:11

I'm not close enough (and don't drive ), but do you know the Hyde Park Picture House does Bring Your Own Baby screenings on Wednesday mornings? Great sanity saver smile

Toddlermoortown Tue 21-Jun-16 09:15:37

no i didn't - that sounds fab. My children are 1 and 3.

Thebuttonfancier Tue 21-Jun-16 20:16:07

Hi, I'm not a SAHM but I live here and moved into the area with a 6 month old knowing nothing and no one!!! There is actually a lot on:

Monday- south parade baptist church have a lovely group on Monday ams. There are 2 sessions depending on the age of your child / children.

Storytime at the library at 2 is also lovely.

Tuesday- the playgroup at st chads church on the otley road is fantastic. They have a Facebook group which has details of dates etc.

I have also heard good things about the playgroup at wrangthorn in Hyde park but I've never been.

Wednesday- I'm not aware of anything but someone else may correct me!

Thursday- wrangthorn again- netmums has the details

Friday- rhymetime at the library is good (and free) or there are lots of other privately run groups- music bugs is brilliant- it's at st Michaels church hall.

I've also made friends in the cafe at heart which is well set up for kids and also at the childrens centre at shire oak school- I think that the HV clinic used to be on a Wednesday!

Welcome and hope you settle in- Headingley mum's are a friendly bunch. Xx

Elizabeth29 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:33:03

Awww, what a lovely and useful post!

Toddlermoortown Wed 22-Jun-16 10:36:54

thank you the button fancier - that's super helpful.

Thebuttonfancier Wed 22-Jun-16 20:31:07

No problem. I remember spending ages researching all of this when I moved- I was terrified that I wouldn't meet any friends but that has not been a problem at all. And of course the parks are fab too. There is a Facebook group called child friendly headingley which sometimes has useful info on it too. Welcome! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now