Local Talk

Infant Observation

(1 Post)
EmilW Thu 12-Sep-13 08:44:36

Hello,

I am a 31 year old male student, about to start a Masters at Leeds University, for which I am required to observe a baby from new-born to two years of age. The purpose of the observation is for me to learn - first hand - how a relationship begins between babies and their families. I have worked with children and families for a number of years, and this course is part of the pre-clinical training to become a child psychotherapist.

I am looking for a family in the Yorkshire area, whom would be willing to commit just one hour a week (term time only) for two years. I appreciate that this may seem an odd request, but families who have been observed by past students have commented on how enriching a process it can be, for the families as well as the student.

If there are any pregnant people out there due between now and January 2014 who may be interested in volunteering (or if you know someone who might be), please get in touch and I can give you more information:

emilhenrywood@gmail.com

I have a full-enhanced CRB, and a letter of endorsement from the University and NHS, which explains the observation process - and its purpose - in more detail.

Thanks, Emil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now