Anyone in Leicestershire

(68 Posts)
1980 Sat 09-Apr-11 22:04:45

Hi anyone in the Leicestershire area?

colditz Sat 09-Apr-11 22:06:40

yes, here. melton mowbray.

Me too...streets away from Colditz smile

1980 Sat 09-Apr-11 22:08:34

Hi,might be abit of a random question but how do i put something to meet mates?

1980 Sat 09-Apr-11 22:09:18

This is all new to me only joined tonight

Mumsnet local (where you posted) has sections where events are advertised etc, so you could try those. Most people keep posting on here to build "friendships" and then lots of people arrange meet ups.

When I toyed with moving to Melton I put a call out to the Melton ladies for advice and later had a meet up where I met Colditz and Mirage.

The key is whether you are looking for instant friendships, how old your children are etc? If you're new to an area or a new mum for instance and want instant contacts dare i say (netmums) are good for playdates etc.

You'll always get a Mnetter willing to meet up if you stick around to chat first.

1980 Sat 09-Apr-11 22:29:31

Im new ish to the area,I live in Mountsorrel i can drive though.I have 2 kiddies boy whos 3 and a daughter whos 11wks.
Im going to keep posting on here then and hopefully make afew friends.
Thanks for your help.

I'll meet you if you like. My DD is 2yrs 4 months, she's a bit of a loon, more boistrious than any boy grin and I just realised if you are new, you may need me to explain that DD is daughter and DS is son.

enjoylife Sat 09-Apr-11 22:51:52

That be great thanks.Do i come back on this bit when i log of,im sorry all the questions.Il try and remember that dd and ds.

enjoylife Sat 09-Apr-11 22:52:41

I changed my nickname but thats still me

I'll private message you later, you'll see an envelope come up in your inbox at very top of page. So you won't lose me! Then just dive into all the boards and have fun. Words of advice, mumsnetters don't use kisses or the term Hun, and they will be brutally honest to the point of being cutting!

So so long as you can hold your own, you'll get the most from it. I've been on here years and I love it.

enjoylife Sun 10-Apr-11 19:08:16

Right ok thanks,il try to not take things to heart which are said on here then.And keep the hun and kisses away.Im going have a good nose through it all now.

NK7d119d11X12623ab3761 Mon 11-Apr-11 14:30:59

Have you tried the SureStart centre in Mountsorrel? They have lots of groups for little ones and you might meet a few people too.

enjoylife Mon 11-Apr-11 15:27:50

Iv had a look and with my son going nursery afew mornings these are the mornings there do alot of activities.But thanks for suggesting that.

Enjoylife, I've messaged you.

superv1xen Mon 11-Apr-11 21:13:57

yes me, i live in the braunstone area. i would be willing to meet up sometime, i have two kids, a boy who is 4 and a girl who is nearly 2.

We could all meet up? Bradgate Park?

enjoylife Tue 12-Apr-11 08:56:02

Im up for Bradgate Park.Whens best for everyone?My son goes nursery mon,wed and fri,but only mornings.

superv1xen Tue 12-Apr-11 09:36:42

i would be up for bradgate park. perhaps one day in the easter holidays would be good?

lizzielawson Tue 12-Apr-11 22:17:47

I'm here too, in Glenfield. DS of 12 and DD of 9.

therealmrsbeckham Wed 13-Apr-11 09:05:53

Hi I live in Syston with DP and 3 DC. DD 10, DS1 4 and DS2 5 months. Would be nice too meet up in easter hols smile

enjoylife Wed 13-Apr-11 09:38:36

Hi therealmrsbeckham,You dont live far from me.Be great if we all could meet up.
Iv just replied to your message as well.

I can do any day in Easter hols except a Tuesday..would love a meet up smile

enjoylife Thu 14-Apr-11 07:51:38

Hi Everyone,Can you all do the Thursday 21st at Bradgate park?Will we all be parking in different car parks?Il be parking at the Cropston car park.

superv1xen Thu 14-Apr-11 10:17:27

yep thurs 21st would be fine with me

i usually park in newtown linford car park when i go, but could park in the cropston one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now