Local Talk

It's quiet in here....... help?

(20 Posts)
radiohelen Wed 05-Oct-11 09:52:22

<drops pin>

Anyone in Leicester? Hellllllooooooooooooooooooooo

Things I'd like answers to.

Is the new dinosaur exhibit at New Walk worth going to see with a 3 year old?

Do any of the swimming pools do toddler swimming in the afternoon?

What swimming/gym/football classes do you know about and are they any good?

Any French classes for kids? I've called and emailed La Jolie Rond but no-one has ever got back to me.

<wanders off out of quiet corner>

lubeybooby Wed 05-Oct-11 09:53:55

Hello! I'm in Leicestershire but I have a teen so no idea about stuff for little ones. Just making it a leeetle bit less quiet! grin

radiohelen Wed 05-Oct-11 09:55:55

Hey lubey where do you think everyone went? wink

lubeybooby Wed 05-Oct-11 10:05:57

I don't know! Leicestershire has always been something of a desert where mums online are concerned. It's very weird. I know there are a couple of others but I don't think they have littleuns either. Maybe some more will turn up if we keep this bumped a bit grin

MindyMacready Wed 05-Oct-11 12:14:33

I like the New Walk museum, for a free Sunday afternoon visit, it's perfect. I think a 3 year old would enjoy the dinosaurs, the mummies & the natural hisitory bit (stuffed animals, but better than it sounds). Just don't spent too long there, and hour or so should be enough!

Swimming classes, maybe Aylestone Leisure centre, our kids went there, I've seen younger ones, but can't remember if they are as young as 3. Seem to remember one of the schools at Wigston catered for the pre-schoolers.

HTH

radiohelen Wed 05-Oct-11 14:22:21

Hi Mindy
Thanks for your thoughts. I'll check out Aylestone LC for classes. We've been to the museum before and he loves the polar bear. I heard about the new dinosaur exhibit but they can be really dry for ickle people. Glad to know you are out there though!

MindyMacready Wed 05-Oct-11 20:48:18

The school for younger children "Birkett House Special School"

MistyMountainHop Wed 12-Oct-11 16:31:45

hi OP

braunstone leisure centre (kust off hinckley road) do toddler swimming sessions, think they are tuesday mornings off the top of my head smile and its a really nice pool. might be worth giving them a ring if you haven't already found one.

HushLittleBaby Fri 14-Oct-11 09:06:32

Hello

Yes Leicester has always been a bit quiet. The last meet up was about 3 years ago shock how time flies!

Swimming -Braunstone do a couple of sessions a week but think they are mornings. Their website does list them. Sorry I can't link am on my phone.

New walk - I haven't been tbh but there stiff is normally very good.

Re gym/Football classes, are in the the city or county? The Leicestershire surestart centres have activities that cover these activities but I don't know about the city ones. Give your local one a call and they can talk you through what they offer. These ones are normally a book on session rather than turning up so do double check before you go.

Hth grin

Ellle Mon 12-Mar-12 16:35:49

Hi Radiohelen,

Did anyone get back to you from La Jolie Ronde?
We are moving to Leicester in a couple of months with a 3y DS, so I might be the one asking you about things to do with a 3y old around there in the near future smile

I was actually searching for things to do in Spanish, like La Jolie Ronde, or meeting other native speakers.

If you know anyhthing let me know.

Thanks!

Bumdrop Sat 28-Apr-12 14:19:30

Is Leicestershire still really quiet for mumsnetters ?
Any Hinckley / burbage mumsnetters ?

Treblesallround Mon 30-Apr-12 11:04:03

There are loads of us in the Charnwood area, there was a thread a while ago about MN in the East Midlands and loads of us were around Woodhouse Eaves, which was weird, but nothing ever came of it

TinyDiamond Tue 01-May-12 22:42:51

I'm in Leicester city. Boards are quiet arent they

Bumdrop Tue 12-Jun-12 08:38:17

I dont think mumsnet has hit leicestershire !!! smile

rebecca87 Tue 12-Jun-12 08:40:44

Unless we're all just lurkers? smile

HushLittleBaby Tue 12-Jun-12 08:56:42

Well you need to start making some noise grin

issimma Tue 12-Jun-12 08:59:15

I'm a leicestershire mner grin.

Bumdrop Tue 12-Jun-12 11:41:10

Hello !!! ;)

Turquoisecat Fri 29-Jun-12 14:40:40

Hello! Just found the local boards!!

I'm a Leics. MNer - currently have a pink bump at 28+5.

I'm also confused about the lack of Leics. people on MN - I know plenty of people that have children!! And plenty of those manage to update FB every day (and then some)...

Maybe we're all shy? smile

memphis83 Fri 29-Jun-12 14:46:55

Im here, got a ds who is 2 in a few weeks, live in village just past Oadby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now