Local Talk

Shall I move to Leicester?

(5 Posts)
Mumfortoddler Mon 17-Sep-12 20:57:53

Have been offered a job, covering East Midlands, where is good to move to and what would you suggest?

I'm not rich, but will be on an ok income, just need to find a lovely family friendly area for me and my little boy, near parks and good primary schools. Any suggestions?

Thanks lovelies, and anyone wanting to make friends, get in touch...!! Will be moving from Oxfordshire, a gigantic move!!! xx

Jinsei Mon 17-Sep-12 21:11:14

Yes, take the job! smile We moved to Leicestershire three years ago, and I'm really glad we did. Not in Leicester itself, but in a smaller town with good schools and a very family-friendly feel. I will pm you!

Treblesallround Tue 18-Sep-12 09:46:00

We're in Barrow Upon Soar, which is a fantastically family friendly large village/small town with good schools and a great community vibe to it. Several marinas, loads of nice countryside etc. We love it. It's handy for all of the East Mids (and I commute to London 3 days a week which is also fine)

Mirage Tue 18-Sep-12 16:30:00

Leicestershire is really underrated as know one knows how lovely it is until they visit.I'm not a fan of the city but the county and villages/towns are great.

GobblersKnob Tue 18-Sep-12 16:31:31

Leicestershire is great and in reach of so much else.

Treblesallround, one of my best friends lives in Barrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now