New to Market Harborough 😯

(15 Posts)
Smiles79 Tue 09-Aug-16 12:29:37

Hello all! We've just moved to Kibworth and will be moving to Market Harborough next year. We have a 5 and 3 year old and don't know anyone here! It's been a big move for us and wondered if anyone has any good recommendations of where to meet people? Everyone seems so nice so far but would be great to meet a network who have kids the same age smile

SatsumasRock Tue 09-Aug-16 19:26:18

Hiya, welcome to Harborough! I moved here about 5 years ago and I love it.

There are loads of things to do with kids. The primary schools are all great. Do you know where in Harborough you'll be moving to?

Search for a Facebook group called "what's on market harborough - families". It's got pinned lists of weekly activities and a great place to get updates on new things happening and local recommendations.

Smiles79 Sat 13-Aug-16 12:11:01

Thanks so much for the recommendation. Have found the group and joined. It's great! Found Welland Park which the kids love and am gradually finding my way around! We'll be along the Kettering Road when we move. Can't wait for everything to be so close!

melonribena Sat 13-Aug-16 12:22:44

There's a lovely church in Kibworth, St Wilfrid's.
They do groups which might be suitable for your 3 year old.
There's story time on a Tuesday morning and Sparklers on a Friday afternoon.
A good chance to meet local parents!
I used to go when ds was younger

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 13-Aug-16 15:30:52

There's loads on round there have a look on netmums baby classes listings but a friend of mine lives in kibworth and lots on there and mark harb too smile lots of lovely shops and cafes so you'll have plenty on your doorstep.

mamaduckbone Sat 13-Aug-16 20:51:24

St Dionysus church in MH also has a playgroup on a Thursday morning called Di's Ducklings.
Maybe join the PTA at your eldest's school.
It's generally a very friendly place!

Nottsmove16 Sun 14-Aug-16 08:44:57

It is a lovely friendly place- loads on for kids, check out classes at leisure centre like tumble tots, swimming lessons etc , we also loved Tracey Hewitt's baby sensory and she also does mini professors and classes for preschoolers. All good for meeting other parents. My little girl also enjoyed ballet with miss Amy. Lots of the churches hold messy play/ toddler sessions which are about £1 a session. Check out west lodge farm- an annual pass there was the best thing we got- wonderful place with great playground and cafe- spent half our summer there!

Very jealous/ enjoy! We have moved away!

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 14-Aug-16 12:49:41

Yes we've done sensory with Tracey she is fab smile

SatsumasRock Sun 14-Aug-16 19:03:30

I second West lodge. It's brilliant. A year pass is really good value. They do the best Santa ever there and a fab firework free bonfire night.

Mini mischiefs is, as soft play hell goes, actually really good. The coffee is decent , not all the food is beige and you don't stick to the floor like in most soft plays.

Arts Fresco is coming up in the middle of September. They close off the streets and have loads of different performers.

East carlton park is fab too. Out towards Corby. Then, a bit further afield, Stanwick lakes and Fineshades are really nI've country parks.

Smiles79 Mon 15-Aug-16 13:02:44

Thank you all. We've come across nothing but friendly people here so far, it's been lovely. Great to have replies from you all and so grateful. Looking forward to meeting some people to make friends with as I do miss that from where we moved! Will check out the suggestions. We've found West Lodge and already love it. Got an annual pass last week and think I'll manage to make it pay for itself over the rest of the summer holidays! 😄

Wrawbymum Fri 02-Sep-16 22:12:03

Hi Smiles79, my family are relocating to a village near Kibworth in October, I've got a 6 and 3 year old. How are you getting on? I've been looking online for a toddler class and preschool gymnastics but not had much luck yet! Have just requested to join the Facebook group mentioned above. Have you got a school place for your 5 year old OK?

Nottsmove16 Sat 03-Sep-16 06:53:04

Kibworth does toddler tennis and there is preschool gymnastics in Harborough but couldn't tell you where sorry.

The craft shop next to monsoon also does great art classes for preschoolers

Smiles79 Sun 04-Sep-16 22:27:08

Hi Wrawbymum. I think there's a gymnastics club which I'm planning to look at for my 5 year old but haven't got around to it yet! Not sure about toddler groups but the Facebook group is brilliant. If you pop a question on there I'm sure others will recommend places. Drop me a message if you fancy meeting up when you move. It'd be great to meet some people as we don't know anyone here. My daughter is at Kibworth Primary and went into year 1. Didn't have any problems getting her in there x

anna1313 Thu 20-Oct-16 06:22:51

WE just moved to Kibworth too, I've messaged you separately!

anna1313 Thu 20-Oct-16 06:24:49

West Lodge looks great, am going to try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now