can you recomend me a hairdresser?

(21 Posts)
firstontheway Fri 06-Feb-09 14:19:16

Have not lived here very long and have yet to get my hair cut (chickened out last time and had it done at my old hairdresser when I was visiting friends!)

I'd like somewhere not too expensive or 'trendy' iykwim, I get shy when I go in and all the stylists are 18yo size 6 beauties!

Any ideas? TIA! x

TigersEnglandChick Fri 06-Feb-09 23:03:17

I go to Tracy's at Syston.
I hadn't been for 5 years before I went there and everyone is lovely.
Don't know if it's near you but it's really friendly - they cater for everyone - you could have an eighty-year old having a blue rinse on one side and an eighteen-year old having a pink dye on the other grin

I get a wash, cut and blow-dry for about 23 quid. (sorry - new puta can't find the pound sign blush)

BONKERZ Fri 06-Feb-09 23:10:09

where do you live? i know a fab mobile hairdresser who is cheap and does a great job and she is lovely too, she covers area round hinckley.

pipsqueak Fri 06-Feb-09 23:25:21

i know a good one in wigston

firstontheway Sat 07-Feb-09 13:08:59

Thanks!

I'm in Stoneygate, near the city centre, but am willing to travel as have 'issues' with my hair!

lindseyfox Sun 08-Feb-09 17:18:41

I hate going to the hairdressers just found a fab one who does home hairdressing and charges £10 for a cut she covers thorpe astley but travels and then charges for her travel.

firstontheway Sun 08-Feb-09 20:11:26

Wow that sounds really good!

Mobile hairdresser sounds like a good idea as am 35 weeks pregnant too, but look like I'm about to pop! Can't help thinking i'd get the worst cut ever in a salon from someone terrified I was about to go into labour!

Can I have a telephone number/ link?

Thanks

TigersEnglandChick Sun 08-Feb-09 20:30:27

Despite having recommended Tracy's i've been thinking of a mobile one ... so would be interested to know if yours would come this way, linseyfox.

lindseyfox Wed 11-Feb-09 16:52:59

hello yes her name is marie and her mobile number is 07807438103.

She covers thorpe astley mostly but does travel she may charge about £5 for travelling to stoneygate but is def worth it.

I would give her a ring tigers and see if she comes as far out as syston.

I used to have a home hairdresser from syston direction but she went back to working in a salon which was a shame.

lindseyfox Wed 11-Feb-09 16:54:33

also syston is only 15mins up the m1 and a46 so she may well come out that far,

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 14-Feb-09 17:19:27

I recently went to Tanya Harris in blaby for the first time and was really well looked after, its a family place and there were really nice.

itwasCYTEENagewedding Sat 14-Feb-09 17:21:17

I go to Tete A Tete in Braunstone Gate - Lulu is my hairdresser, she is brilliant (and lovely and normal) I've had all sorts of cuts from her and she always actually gives me what I want.

Mobilehairdresser Fri 04-Mar-11 16:33:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

oggybags Fri 01-Apr-11 12:58:04

tete a tete

jammyscone Fri 01-Apr-11 19:55:18

I got a surprisingly good haircut at Leicester College (near Morrisons) for 2 quid from one of their trainee hairdressers

Another vote for Tete a Tete. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

radiohelen Sun 10-Apr-11 07:17:46

Are we the tete a tete fanclub? I got a groupon voucher for Christmas and they were brilliant.

LoveBeingKnockedUp Sun 10-Apr-11 08:04:45

I made dh go to tete a tete to have his hair cut for the wedding grin

radiohelen Sun 10-Apr-11 08:12:03

I love it when the boys come in all sheepish and have their haircut holding a beer so they don't seem to girly!

SianBB Sat 25-Jun-11 12:08:31

Christopher Wright in Stoneygate (Allendale Road) is fantastic so no need to go very far! I travel from a village in south Leicestershire it's that good.

elegantblue19 Sat 07-Sep-13 23:48:58

Hello Ladies,
My name is Samantha and I'm a mobile/Salon Based hairdresser 6 years experience training & working in salons (Level 3 City & Guilds).
i'm located in Leicester and cover both Leicester and Leicestershire area.
I do various services from cutting, colouring, styling, bridal hair, proms, men's and children's cuts. I also offer free colour consultations.
My prices vary on length and thickness of the hair (which my price list is located on my Facebook page details below)
Come October 2013 I will specialize in Micro Ring Hair Extensions!

What separates me from the rest is that i'm patient, I listen to your needs, what's and ideas. im honest and if something isn't possible I would always find an alternative or solution to solve the problem.

For more information about my self and my business & to see my Hair Portfolio
Like my Facebook Page @ www.facebook.com/sam.mobilehairdresser
or email me @ samprofessional@hotmail.co.uk
Im happy to answer any Questions Via my Facebook page or email

Hope to hear from you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now