Local Talk

Moving to Plumpton Green

(4 Posts)
squizzymummy Wed 26-Oct-11 09:47:16

Hello! I'm about to move from London to Plumpton Green and won't know a soul! I have an almost-three-year-old who'll be going to the local pre-school, and a seven-month-old baby.
I'd love to hear from anyone with ideas for toddler-friendly outings and playgroups in the local area. I'll also be looking for a childminder for a couple of mornings a week from the new year if anyone has any tips?
Thanks! Emily

NumptyMum Thu 27-Oct-11 00:24:59

I actually live about 400 miles away but visit Lewes to see my folks (I grew up there). So I'm not best placed to advise re toddler groups, but Lewes has a leisure centre with decent swimming pool for kids (great slide for when they're old enough, DS looks at it with mixed envy/fear) and also Monkey Bizness soft play in the Cliffe Industrial estate (through Lewes Tunnel toward the A27). Plus there are some great farm parks - Middle Farm is small and low key but nice (on the road out to Eastbourne), another I've been to is Blackberry Farm which is lovely but further away. For a 'big day out' there is Drusillas zoo but you'd better start saving up for it... Also, you'll get to enjoy all the fun of Bonfire Night in the area which is quite something. Everyone converges on Lewes on 5th Nov (crowds are a bit scary - I've not been in years but remember train loads descending when I was a kid). However each Saturday for about a month before and a month after, villages in the local area host THEIR bonfire night so even if you daren't go to Lewes on the 5th, you'll see some of the amazing carnival outfits.

squizzymummy Sat 12-Nov-11 20:31:36

Thanks so much - that's all really helpful! Really looking forward to moving, the more people I speak to the more I realise how wonderful it's going to be for the children. Thanks again smile

ElectricSoftParade Sat 12-Nov-11 20:35:46

Don't actually live in Lewes but about 10 miles further on towards Eastbourne.

Nothing to add apart from me being jealous! Hope you enjoy your move and love Lewes you lucky so and so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now