Local Talk

Playgroups in Hither Green/Catford - suggestions needed!

(10 Posts)
Beepbeepchoochoo Fri 28-Jan-11 09:34:19

Hi there,

We are moving to the Hither Green/Catford area in the next few months and are trying to find a couple of good playgroups in the area. We have a 19 month old little boy.
Also any info on other toddler groups/Mum's get togethers in the area would be good to know of too. Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Thanks for your help x

RJandA Fri 28-Jan-11 15:22:23

I would look up your local surestart centre, they have play and stay sessions at most of them I think.

Chatting to mums at those once you get here should give you some more ideas too!

Also there are all the normal Music for Little People, Catterpillar Music, Monkey Music, depends where you are exactly of course.

Beepbeepchoochoo Fri 28-Jan-11 15:38:30

That's definitely a good starting point - thank you! Are you local to the area?

rumpeta Fri 04-Feb-11 22:18:15

hi,

the limelight family learning centre is excellent, it's Catford/ Downham borders

Beepbeepchoochoo Sun 06-Feb-11 09:59:52

Thank you rumpeta. We'll definitely check that out.

southerngal Sun 19-Jun-11 21:37:58

Try the Limelight centre. It looks dodgy, but is fantastic, friendly and £1.50 a go. I've moved here from near to East Dulwich and find most of the classes much better than the overpriced Monkey Music et al!

twirlypen Thu 29-Sep-11 15:40:53

Manor house gardens library and children's centre also a place to start.

TDLP Thu 29-Sep-11 20:48:22

What about Tea Dance for Little People - further out at Brockley but worth the trip

Beepbeepchoochoo Thu 10-May-12 09:50:31

Thanks for all the suggestions - only just seen that last three as I posted this back in January last year! We've been to the Limelight Centre and Manor House Gardens, both great. Southerngal - which group do you go to at Limelight? Maybe see you there?!

Doris1243 Tue 12-Jun-12 12:31:31

Good Morning

Has the new Gymboree opened in Hither green yet? In that place that was the rubbish crazygolf course in Meridia South.

I like the one in Brombley, it quite expense but nice for a treat once in a while, HG will be much more convenient but I haven't been over near that Tesco for a while?

D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now