Moving to Hither Green/Lee area

(5 Posts)
MrsButterfly80 Thu 31-Mar-16 13:34:13

Hi there,
This is actually my very first Mumsnet post!

I'm expecting my first baby in September and my husband and I have just had an offer accepted on a house on the edge of Hither Green, very close to Lee station to the east of Burnt Ash Hill (out of the best school catchment areas I'm afraid). We really think this is an area that's improving but not yet so gentrified that we'll feel like impoverished neighbours!

I've come on here seeking some reassurance that there will be other new mums like me when we move in the summer. Anyone got any good recommendations for an expectant mum moving to the area? I'm mid-thirties, interested in art, reading, walks in the park. Just looking for ways to meet like-minded expectant and experienced mums in this corner of SE London.

Thanks for reading!

Fliss75 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:00:47

Manor House Gardens is a great place to start with the library there too. It is a fantastic place to meet many mums and new parents.
There's also a local NCT group....
Another thing is the local parent and toddler groups are always a good way to meet other mums once your little one arrives.
I am actively involved in running St Margaret's Parent and Toddler Group at Kingswood Halls Kingswood Place twice a week and St Michael and All Angels in Pond Road once a week.
I'm also local approximately five to minutes walk from Lee Station.

MrsButterfly80 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:28:17

Hi Fliss75,
Thanks so much for your reply! We actually spent this Saturday sitting in the sun in Manor House Gardens and it was lovely. Full of young families enjoying the weather.
I'll definitely be looking into the local NCT group. I'm just a natural worrier so it's nice to know there's lots going on in the area for new mums!

confusedbuyingbee Mon 11-Apr-16 12:12:34

Hello op. My DS is 3.5 weeks old and we're moving to hither green at the end of the month. Been wondering the same thing smile

debra33 Sun 24-Apr-16 11:08:20

My baby due end July I in Lewisham near the college is help lout at the bump &baby group Walden health center new cross it for pregnant women &babies on Fri free 1030-1230 you should pop along meet some pregnant mum new babies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now