looking to move to Herne Hill

(2 Posts)
peekaboom Tue 07-Jun-16 12:40:20

I'll be new to London, new to the UK - just signed a contract for work near Katherine Docks - and will be coming with my 7 year old boy - DH will follow along later on when he's ready for a job search. I heard schools in HH are generally good. I think the area is lovely - but I have so much organizing to do, it feels crazy. I'll be starting work later this summer - need to find a nice apartment to bring my son to first before I can do our school application. Any advice on schools, how to organize settling in - crucial things to keep in mind when moving to London? My main concern is how to settle my son in quickly in the least traumatic way possible...needless to say we're on a budget like the other 98% but I could shell out a bit more to ensure my DS will find his way quickly... tx for brainstorming with me!

BrockleysOldLady Tue 07-Jun-16 18:20:45

Schools are very oversubscribed in lots of London areas - it might be worth doing that research first and then moving into the area of a school with spaces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now