Local Talk

Water play places locally...

(4 Posts)
SE13Mummy Sat 03-Jul-10 18:44:16

I've just returned from a brilliant day out at Swanley Park (just off the A20) where my 5-year-old and 1-year-old DDs loved the paddling pool and water play area in addition to the inspired steam trains that take you (prams travel free of charge) from the car park to the central area.

It got me thinking that although I know of a few water play places locally more have probably been installed and I'd be interested in hearing about any that others recommend.

My offerings are:
Beckenham Place Park (the east end of the park I think)
Sydenham Wells Park
Danson Park

I believe Coram's Fields have a fountain as does Somerset House.

Does anyone know if the Horniman Triangle play park has a water play facility?

ladylush Sat 03-Jul-10 18:56:06

Not too local but easy on the train - fountains on the southbank that children can play in.

Whirliwig72 Fri 20-Jul-12 14:46:54

Belvedere splash park? I keep meaning to check it out as its meant to be excellent.

JellyfishCarp Thu 26-Jul-12 16:44:28

The Horniman Triangle had a water pump in the sandpit which my 18mo loved - it was on for a few weeks, a few weeks ago but wasn't working last time I was there (last weekend).

Was at Somerset House yesterday and so many kids having great fun in the fountains - people sat around with beach towels...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now