Local Talk

hotel recommendations in Bailgate, Lincoln please

(12 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 20:57:43

hi Lincoln Ladies (and men)

Which hotel out of these would you choose, just for one night's sleep after a wedding reception. Apparently they are all within walking distance of the wedding venue.

White Hart hotel
Castle Hotel
Tower hotel
Lincoln Hotel
Newport Guest house

Just for DS and me.

TIA

westlake Wed 05-Jan-11 20:59:43

Where is the reception? I'm in lincoln :-)

westlake Wed 05-Jan-11 21:08:18

They are all in the beautiful part of bailgate, lucky you!

I think they are all much of a muchness, but if you are driving i would take parking into consideration as it can be difficult.

mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 21:12:26

The reception is at the White Hart. We've been told that the hotels listed are all within walking distance. Would you agree with that Westlake?

westlake Wed 05-Jan-11 21:15:18

Yes they are :-) Very close together.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 05-Jan-11 21:18:30

They are all less than 5 mins walk from the White Hart.

White Hart has an underground carpark opposite the hotel. Castle hotel has a carpark as does the Lincoln hotel. There is a carpark opposite the Tower hotel, a pay and display one. Not sure if they have their own parking. Fairly sure that Newport guest house doesn't have their own car park but its only a few minutes walk to the pay and display one. Pay and display car park won't be expensive, be about £1 all night and then in the day you can probably pay for all day for about £6.

I've stayed in the White Hart, nice but pricey.

mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 21:32:01

thanks both. I've gone for the White Hart then if DH wants to stay up after the party finishes with his business colleagues he can, while I tiptoe upstairs to bed. I'm already looking forward to the morning when I will wake up naturally, and not by DD stroking my face or DS jumping on top of me smile.

westlake Wed 05-Jan-11 21:33:27

enjoy your time here smile

mckenzie Wed 05-Jan-11 21:45:44

thanks westlake. Our wedding invite is evening only but we're hoping to come mid morning so that we can have a mooch around. I've only been to Lincoln a few times and that was about three decades ago, actually nearer 4!!

mrspnut Wed 05-Jan-11 21:49:52

The White Hart is a lovely hotel, the food in the Grille is fabulous and so are the cocktails in the bar.

westlake Wed 05-Jan-11 21:52:36

i second the grille and the cocktails

PopsMillymum Thu 20-Jan-11 17:12:39

5 mins walk (if that) from the White Hart is the Bailhouse Hotel. My husband & I stayed here between xmas & new year - a Christmas present to each other. It's lovely! And very reasonable. Friendly staff & a lovely breakfast. What was lovely was the lounge area where we crashed after our meal out - an honesty bar, free coffee plus a TV to catch up on news/football/a fav documentary...all made for a very pleasurable stay. Adele is very helpful & I would suggest talking to her about a booking. Good Luck! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now