Local Talk

Anybody around here

(58 Posts)
BabesandJugs Sat 28-May-11 11:02:31

Hi i'm just wondering if there is anyone around this area? I'm moving back near to Scunthorpe and don't really know anybody anymore. School and college friends are now all dotted around the country as we've all grown up and moved on.

I'm 29 and have a daughter aged 7 and son just over 2. OH works away alot - so would be great to have some adult conversations, other than with the dog or cat!

Mouseybrown Fri 24-Jun-11 12:17:49

There's me, I've just moved to Barton and am spending far too much time lurking on Mumsnet whilst my 1 year old DS naps.

I think we may have to fight the tumbleweed out of here before we do anything else though!

Tsil Fri 24-Jun-11 16:07:19

Hi

I'm between Scunthorpe and gainsborough. There doesn't seem to be many people this way on who are mnetters.

Mouseybrown Fri 24-Jun-11 22:07:21

Maybe we can get an award for being the smallest group or something!

pinkgirlythoughts Sat 25-Jun-11 13:06:32

I'm in Cleethorpes, always used to think that a lady on here who lives in hull was the closest to me, good to know there's at least a few others!

peachy77 Mon 27-Jun-11 11:57:38

Hi I'm in Grimsby, so I make one more mnetter in the area

Rowgtfc72 Thu 30-Jun-11 19:07:52

Hi Im in Cleethorpes too ! Thought I was the only "local" !

elliepac Sat 02-Jul-11 08:10:12

Ooooh, there are mnetters alive in this area. I wasn't even aware there was a board for this area, have been looking at Doncaster for years! I am in Sunny Scunthorpe (well for this morning anyway), have DS 7 and DD 3. It would be nice to get this board going wouldn't it.

peachy77 Sat 02-Jul-11 21:05:27

I only recently discovered this local board. About time we was on the map. I have DD 15, DS3 and another on the way in the next few weeks.

Lauzifer Thu 14-Jul-11 14:50:13

Hey another from Grimsby here, i have a DD of 18 weeks and i'm going through the lonely sahm stage.

Woooooo me too, I'm in Grimsby. Didn't realise there were so many Mn'ers in this area grin

I forgot to add, I have 2 DD's. DD1 is almost 4 and DD2 will be 2 in a couple of weeks.

BabesandJugs Thu 21-Jul-11 22:27:48

Hiiiiiiiii

Sooo sorry i stared this thread, then we moved and i haven't been able to get the internet up and running until now!

How are we all?

LonelyLinda Fri 22-Jul-11 15:40:28

Helloooooooo i'm from near grimsby too, I have a 2yo and a 3yo! How are you all?? xx

elliepac Sat 23-Jul-11 22:12:22

hello to everyone out there in North/North East Lincolnshire. As said earlier up the thread, I am in Scunthorpe. Am feeling particularly happy as I am a teacher and therefore this is my favourite time of the year grin. This is slightly tamed by the fact that DD,3, has been a total PITA today and 6 weeks is currently looking like a loooong time grin. Shall we introduce ourselves? 10 facts?

I'm elliepac (the clue is in the title grin)
3 DC's (DS 7, DD 3 DH 36)
Am a Head of Department in secondary school
Scunthorpe born and bred (DF promised DM they were only moving here for 2 years......37 years later still here grin, I blame them for the view of the steelworks from my house)
34 years young
I am crap at housework
Melon freaks me out
Been on MN for 3 years but am a bit of a lurker apart from on the fledgling flybaby thread (see point 7 grin)
I fancy Max Branning from EastEnders blush.

Now I have bared my soul, I may well threadkill as no-one will want to come near any normal human beng who claims to fancy Max Branning so I apologise in advance if that happens.

pinkgirlythoughts Sun 31-Jul-11 18:44:56

LOL at only being in Scunny 2 years... my ex's dad said that to his mum in 1970, 41 years and three grown-up children later, they're still there!

Anyway, here goes.....
I'm 25 years old
One son, aged 10 weeks
Am a primary school teacher
Joined MN about ten minutes after getting a positive pregnancy test!
Born and raised in Grimsby
Now living in Cleethorpes
Love fish and chips (of course grin)
Hate mushrooms
Never iron my own clothes, but have an obsession with ironing the baby's stuff
Have size 7 feet (okay, I'm running out of ideas now!)

Did any of the other GY/Clee ladies go to the carnival yesterday?

peachy77 Mon 01-Aug-11 12:29:37

Hi, we went to the carnival on Saturday and sadly really wasn't that impressed or maybe its because i'm getting old and the magic has gone for me. Thought the air display was really good though.

Now, what can I say about me really.

34 Years young
Born in Grimsby, haved moved away from area on a couple of occasions but still keep coming back?
Recently became a SAHM
Have DD15 (scary)
Have DS3
and have another due next week (really scary)

Ellie pac - could have been worse, you could have said Jim Branning!

AMH36 Mon 01-Aug-11 14:31:02

Hi, Ive just come across this site whilst little one asleep!
Thought I'd join in if u don't mind

I'm Anna
36 yrs
Born in Cleethorpes (never left)
Am a SAHM
DS 20mths
Live with hubby & 2 dogs
Live near the beach so very handy!

Hope you ladies are all good, would be nice to chat x

Rowgtfc72 Sun 07-Aug-11 08:38:11

Hi we were in the carnival ! Dd goes to Toria dance school!
Right Im Row (obviously!)
39yrs
Dd is 4
I work part time.
Live in Cleethorpes with Dp and 2 Jack russells
Used to have a season ticket for Grimsby Town Fc
Love camping
Love cars(we take ours to shows !)
Been on mumsnet a couple of years now wondering if I was the only Local
Hate spiders

Will remember to keep an eye on local now that there are other people about !
Hope youre all enjoying the summer hols x

peachy77 Tue 16-Aug-11 10:32:42

Hi, just a quick update - DD15, DS3 and the latest addition to my family DD 8 days old!!! smile

Rowgtfc72 Tue 16-Aug-11 18:36:36

Congrats on Dd peachy x

Lemonsparkle Wed 17-Aug-11 10:20:36

Wooho, I thought Mumsnetters were all city-dwelling or southerers! Am in Brigg (well, near), been lurking on MN for years but the forums are so scary I rarely post.

From lovely Sheffield originally, came here for a job and got married, 15 year later... have DD aged 5, DS aged 8, DSD aged 12 and DSD aged 15. A cat but no dog - but am seriously thinking about getting one as going for walks is about the only thing to do round here...!
I work part time.
My DH is a GTFC season ticket holder (and is devastated by last night's result. And the result before that. And the season before that...)
My DH's parents moved to Scunthorpe from Grimsby 'for a year or two' when he got promoted - 55 years later etc etc...

The worst things about living here are: Lack of stuff to do with kids at weekends and holidays. I think we know every single peacock in Normanby Park...
Lack of decent shops (I keep ParcelForce going with my internet shopping).
Lack of decent restaurants and cafes. We (and lots of other people I know) organised special trips when Frankie & Bennys opened in Scunthorpe! Frankie & Bennies!!

Best things about living here:
Crime rate phenominally low (realise this is not the same for everyone).
'Things' are fairly cheap - not big city prices.
No yummy mummies (not where I live anyway. Except me, of course... wink
Great community - I know a lot of people in our village, if only by sight, and they know me and my children - I know if my kids were causing mayhem in trouble then someone would sort them out. Same if someone dodgy was prowling around or I needed an emergency babysitter or someone to push the car out of the snow.
Oh, and Cleethorpes is fab!

pinkgirlythoughts Sun 21-Aug-11 18:11:47

I lived in a village near Brigg for a while Lemon -lovely town, but it does get boring there pretty quickly!

And big congrats to Peachy!

flapjack77 Sun 21-Aug-11 19:53:15

Congrats peachy

Hello, only just found the local pages even tho been on MN for over a year!

We live near Brigg too lemon
Been here for 2.5 years, moved from oxfordshire but I'm originally from the north west and DH from east yorks.

DS is 18mo, I'm 34, DH 32, and DC2 due early next year grin
Work part time, like the fact that most of the shops are local, hardly any big chains in the local towns!

love the great outdoors and DS is already obsessed with tractors! Lemon have you been to the pink pig? Food is pretty good and ok play area for the dc.

peachy77 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:01:22

Many thanks for all your congrats and best wishes, (hardly had a minute to get online and chat). Congrats and good luck with your pregnancy Flapjack.

Is anyone else looking forward to DC going back to school or is it just me? maybe because I'm running out of ideas of things to do and running out of energy too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now