Local Talk

Relocating to South Lincolnshire

(4 Posts)
mellowyellow3 Sat 09-Jun-12 21:50:31

Hi

We are looking at relocating to South Lincolnshire from the south east and are looking for advice on nice areas to live and bring up children. My husband would be working in Bourne, so we would be looking at places with approx 15 mile radius.

I've done a bit of research and Stamford looks lovely. I have a 3 year old who will be going to primary school in September 2013 and 2 toddlers. So it's really important that we pick somewhere with good schools.

The only problem I see with Stamford for the future is the lack of Grammar schools in the area. The local secondary doesn't seem great and I believe there was a private school that used to have scholarships for more academically able pupils but these have now been phased out. Does anyone know if there are any problems for Stamford children of getting into Grammar school outside the area if they pass the 11+?

EmLW Thu 04-Oct-12 14:35:26

Hi. I don't know much about the area but Bourne seems to be lovely. If you are on Facebook there is a very helpful group called Bourne Parents who would be able to give you some advice. Good luck!

Budthecat Fri 23-Nov-12 00:04:32

Hi.this is my first ever venture into a chat room. Have recently ditched face book for several reasons and now my iPad seems pretty dull!

I thought I would write as I actually live in Bourne. My children go to school here and it's the main reason we stay.... My husband has a hell of a commute but we like it here.

We considered Stamford but we had to move in a rush and to be honest you get a bigger better house for your money in Bourne. All this could of course be irrelevant as you may have already moved!

Re schools. Lovely primary schools x 2 but this year some people did not get there first choice as both were over subscribed. Only affected a few people I think. Still sad for them. and yes Bourne has better secondary / grammar schools. It's not unheard of for Stamford children to get in but presently the system of entry is still based on post Code. There is a chance that may change. It's been a long term wish of the head as I understand it but been met with resistance. Am only talking from here say so please don't quote me.

Well, hope you are settled wherever you decided. Sorry about the strange chat name. It was the best I could do at the time!

PeterboroughTumbleTots Sun 07-Apr-13 19:48:18

Hiya, I live in Bourne and it's a really great place to live - and the Grammar School is good. You've probably made your decision now though looking at the date of your post.

Please get in touch if you want more advice on Bourne, but in case you moved to Stamford can I do a shameless plug? I run Tumble Tots in Stamford and we'd love to have you and your child come along on either a Monday morning at the Arts Centre or Thursday mornings at Barnhill Methodist Church Hall.

It's an exercise class for kids aged at 6 months up to seven that aims to give them a healthy outlook on exercise and health from day one. We also run classes for 4 to 7 year olds called Gymbobs on a Thursday after school which you may be interested in - at the Arts Centre.

If you'd like to know more send me an e-mail on jodyvaughan@btinternet.com, or call me on 07788 182181. We'd love to see you soon. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now