Local Talk

Moving to Market Rasen area

(3 Posts)
snurple Mon 16-Sep-13 11:25:44

I'm hoping that some local mums could give me some local info on the area. We might be moving into the area within the next couple of months. We have 4 children aged between 1 and 13 - can anybody give me any info on the local schools, how easy it is to obtain a place there, how friendly are the local communities, local activities, shopping, etc, anything at all really. Thanks in advance.

WoldsRoses Sun 13-Oct-13 09:16:16

Hi, only just ventured into the local pages, so only just seen this.
I live about 8 miles north of Market Rasen, in a village. Are you thinking of Market Rasen specifically or surrounding villages?
The secondary school in Market Rasen is supposed to be quite good (my DC aren't old enough for school yet), I have friends with children there. Schools are mostly undersubscribed around here, so you shouldn't have too much trouble with school places.
Obviously as it is so rural, it can be a bit thin on the ground with activities round here, although Lincoln is not too far away and that has good facilities. The children's centres are thriving with lots of things for under 5's if you are interested in that kind of thing (I virtually live in my local one!). The shopping in MR is a bit rubbish, there is a small Tesco and Co-op, but the other facilities are good, such as library, post office, nursery, NHS dentists, doctors etc, plus a train station which will get you to Grimsby and Lincoln, both of which provide much better shopping! There are the basics though, newsagents, hardware stores, various gift shops, a tiny market on Saturdays, Boots and a couple of banks.
I don't really know what the community is like in MR, but the village where I live is lovely and I feel very safe here smile
I love living here, it is a nice place to bring children up smile
Hope I've been of some use, let me know if you need any more info or any help if you do move here smile

VikkiMW Wed 18-Dec-13 18:17:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now