Local Talk

Groups in Lincoln.

(37 Posts)
weenawoo Tue 02-Dec-08 10:22:58

Hi I am looking for a coffee morning/baby group to go to. I am a SAHM to a 6 month old and live in Lincoln.
A lot of stuff here seems to be based in Waddington, does anyone know of anything fun to do with the baby in Lincoln?

Tedorino Wed 21-Oct-09 12:10:22

Hi. I am due in December. Already have a 6 year old and recently moved to the Navenby area. Does anyone know of a local baby/bump group or fancy meeting up? I don't know anyone else due here!

droz Wed 21-Oct-09 17:00:23

Hi everyone.

My name is Dawn and I am mum to one little boy, Oscar. I have started tinytalk baby signing classes in Lincoln.

TinyTalk baby signing classes offer a fun and relaxed environment in which you can learn how to sign with your baby and gain an insight into their world, allowing them to communicate with you before they can talk!

In the first half of the class we sing all the favourite nursery rhymes and action songs whilst incorporating everyday practical signs. The second part of the class is dedicated to playtime for your baby and a cup of tea and a choccie biscuit for you!

All babies between the ages of 0 and 2 are welcome.
For more information check out the website or call me

Mon - 10-11am St. Mattius Church Hall, Burton Rd.

Wed - 10-11am Moorland Park Methodist Church Hall. Skellingthorpe Rd.

Classes are £3-50 per family pre paid per 12 week term.

Hope to see you at class soon.

Dawn

mrspnut Sun 01-Nov-09 16:29:58

Tedorino - I think there is a NCT bump to baby group in Waddington.

There were details on the Netmums local board iirc.

HeidiT Thu 03-Dec-09 17:18:36

hi i go to baby sign class at the church on burtonroad opposite shell mondays 10-11 is fab lots of singing and toys to play with and tea and cake too! Mostly under 1's so whilst kids playing we have a natter.

i am new to lincoln area and interested in meeting up with anyone with under 1's !

Lexii10 Tue 23-Feb-10 18:32:00

Hey my names alex im 20 and 25 weeks pregnant with my first baby! just wondering if there is any meeting groups in lincoln area for the pregnant women!

domsie85 Wed 24-Mar-10 22:10:09

Hi, does anyone know if the toddler group at the bailgate methodist church is still going? thanks!

mrspnut Mon 29-Mar-10 09:59:21

Not sure but the church is a very busy one so there is likely to be something going on there.

Babysigning Tue 20-Jul-10 16:46:48

Baby Signing classes run Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Mornings at the Memorial Hall in North Hykeham, Lincoln.

An hour of great fun learning songs with signs, puppets, flags, musical instruments, parachutes, bubbles, play and story time as well as a drink and biscuit time

£3 per session per family.

Booking not necessary. Tel Wendy 07955550663 for more information or visit www.babysigning.org.uk

LouiseGosling Tue 09-Nov-10 11:39:09

Hi all - I've just seen this thread and wanted to update everyone - there is now a Tumble Tots in Lincoln and we run classes for babies and children from crawling through to 7 yrs old!!

We run at Rustons Sports & Social Club on Saturdays during term time - we do ask that people book in advance by calling 01636 684233 or 07884 223630 or book in at www.tumbletots.com/Nottingham-North.

We also run at Winthorpe Community Centre just down the A46 on a Tuesday and Wednesday.

Many thanks!

Helen70 Wed 23-Mar-11 10:22:02

There's Musical Minors at St Martins and St Faith's school at 1:30 to 2:30pm on a Tuesday. It is aimed at 2 to 4 year olds. They get to to sing and run about providing a basis for learning an instrument in the future. It is really fun and there is a craft too. My 4 and nearly 2 year old have been going for several weeks now and love it! £3 per child is very reasonable.

supadupapupascupa Thu 09-Jun-11 21:33:35

dont forget your surestart centers!!

MrJellyBelly Tue 31-Jan-12 10:34:43

So many of these classes are in the day time on week days?? Are there any classes at weekends?

My wife and I work full time and are looking for a suitable class to take our 3yo daughter to. She is currenlty at swimming lessons but we'd also like to encourage her to try gymastics, trampolining or something similar.

Anywhere in or between Linoln and Grantham please...

Thanks

Matt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now