Local Talk

Day time exercise classes with creche

(13 Posts)
mostlyhappy Thu 07-Oct-10 11:50:56

Hi
Does anyone know of anywhere in Liverpool that runs exercise classes in the day with a creche?
Thanks for any suggestions.

zabwino Tue 26-Oct-10 21:48:46

Bump
I'd like to know too!

ascouser Sun 07-Nov-10 21:27:49

...yeah that would be good if anyone did find out..
Check out your local childrens centre - if they don't do one now, why not suggest it to the CC Manager and see what they can do.
There is a class in Kirkby that is Toddler aerobics and that is kids and parents, but I guess not for tiny ones...don't know, haven't been able to make it.
But if you do find one...let us know.

mostlyhappy Tue 09-Nov-10 22:05:16

I have now found one at Church and Mossley Hill Children's centre called Buggyfit. You take your baby in the buggy and work out alongside the pram. It's a new course and is on in Sefton Park (meeting at Palm HOuse entrance) at 11.30-12.30. It was the first one last week but was really good and a friendly group of mums. I would recommend it and am going to try to go each week. The organiser has asked us to spread the word so they really want people to come along.

ascouser Tue 09-Nov-10 22:48:14

mostlyhappy.... thanks so much for that. I've just looked at the timetable on their web site and it's on a Thursday. There is also a family walk on a Monday which might suit others too.. same meeting place.
I have the next couple of Thursdays booked up but after that will try my best to make it.
Thanks again.
http://www.mossleyhillchildrenscentre.com/timetabl e.asp

mostlyhappy Fri 12-Nov-10 15:04:07

Yes, sorry, forgot to say it's on a thursday!!
Apparently some of the other Sure Start children's centres do them (though I'm not sure which). I also know that Woolton C.Centre are hoping to start one up soon too!

jencal78 Wed 17-Nov-10 19:56:05

waterloo childrens centre does buggy fit on a wednesday, haven't been yet but here it very popular. :-)

mostlyhappy Thu 06-Jan-11 22:52:08

Should just report that Buggyfit at Sefton Park (Church & Mossley Hill Sure Start) has now changed time to 12.30 start. Meet at Palm House entrance and it lasts for an hour. It is great and a friendly group with good exercises.

browny Mon 17-Jan-11 13:00:50

Walk for Health

Yummy Mummy's and little bunnies Pram Walk

I've just found a lovely group of mums who meet at All Soul's Church Hall, Mather Avenue, Allerton, L19 on Thursday afteroons at 1pm. The first walk was last week, the walk is usually for one hour and finishes at The Pub in the Park for a coffee.

There is a fully trained walk leader and Grandparents and Carers are also welcome, even if your little ones are at school.

yummymummysandlittlebunnies Sat 03-Mar-12 12:46:27

Yummy Mummy’s and little bunnies
10 weeks Family Fit

Each week we will offer different ways of keeping fit including Zumba. While we are exercising our little bunnies will be cared for by our qualified little bunnie carers. The second session will be a family based fun exercise session for our little bunnies to join in with There will be a break in the middle of the two sessions where we can have a cuppa and a snack with your little bunnies and have a chat with the other mums
Give it a go it will be fun even if your children are in school you are still welcome to join our group grandparents and cares are welcome too.

Sessions will be held on Tuesday mornings
At All Souls Church hall
9.30 till 11.30 from 21st February 2012
Cost £2.50 per family
At Yummy Mummy’s and little bunnies

You will:
* Increase your self-esteem and energy
* Get out of the house and meet other local mums
* Improve your fitness levels
* Improve your sleep (even if you are not getting much)
* Increase metabolism to loose weight
* Decrease anxiety and depression
* Increase upper body and lower body strength to meet the demands of childcare
* Reduce the risk of osteoporosis, high blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels
* Save money as your child comes with you (little bunnie)
* Safe and effective exercise program
* A supportive mothers group type atmosphere
* Advice for mums to become healthy role models to their families
* Fully qualified child care for your little bunnie
* Adult conversations and a chance to make new friends.
* A sense of achievement when you reach your goals and see results along the way
Email: yummy.mummys@yahoo.co.uk
Liz: 07921705042
All Souls: Corner of Mather Avenue and Springwood Avenue,
MERSEYSIDE, L19 4TF

mostshoeswins Thu 08-Mar-12 13:41:07

Hi, is their a minimum age for the little bunnies or are newborns welcome?

Not sure if this is a bit late but there are pramfit classes every monday and weds at 10.15 at garston leisure centre. Its £2 per session and you dont need to book. I've met a lovely bunch of mums and babies there!

LoobyLeigh Fri 21-Jun-13 21:45:01

I don't know of creche's, but I do know of Buggy Barre classes around Liverpool if that's any use to you??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now