Local Talk

Anybody else feel a bit lonely?

(14 Posts)

Don't get me a wrong I am really loving my life right now. I am juust missing one vital element - a girly friend to have a chat with over a brew or a glass of wine and somebody I can take my little boy out with who has a child a similar age (14 months). Anybody else feel or felt like this? and what did you do about it?

Mothersinstinct Sun 12-Feb-12 10:05:02

Hi There,

I am sorry you are feeling lonely,

I moved from the Wirral to Manchester and felt exactly the same and suffered from PND. I started to go to Tumble tots and smaller classes and eventually I made friends.

I set up Mothers Instinct Baby shows see www.babyshownorthwest.co.uk Its a free baby show where there is plenty going on. Its a one day spectacular event and the next one is in Liverpool on the 22nd April 2012 at The Crowne Plaza L3 1QZ. I would love to see you there and introduce you to some friends.

I would hate for you to ever feel like I did, my number is 07791070457 email info@rdaevents.co.uk talk to me any time anna x

thebestisyettocome Fri 17-Feb-12 20:36:28

Hi kaylouise.
I hope you are feeling a little better today. Do you have any family?

WetTheMogwai Fri 17-Feb-12 20:44:33

Hi, Im in liverpool smile where abouts are you?

Im lonely, was diagnosed with PND today but not a mopey person at all. My brave face even fooled me as the diagnosis was a bit of a shock!

My dd is 10 months and i have a couple of girly friends round here with babys between the ages of 3 and 18 months, youd be more than welcome to join us on a girly night smile

thebestisyettocome Fri 17-Feb-12 21:08:26

Hi WetTheMogwai.
Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon, now you've been diagnosed. Hopefully the OP will see your lovely offer x

thank you thats really helpful hopefully see you there

thank you so much that would be great x

WetTheMogwai Sat 18-Feb-12 21:28:16

Thanks thebestisyettocome Im feeling a lot happier now smile
Thanks for that link too, Im going to check it out now!

yummymummysandlittlebunnies Sat 03-Mar-12 12:33:05

hi i have set up a mums group because it was so hard for me to try to keep fit while my babies where little it took me 2 years to set it up but we have been going for 1 yr we are a voluntary group i am currently getting help from liverpool PCT.We have a lovely group of mums and i have made some lovely friends hope you can join us if you not to far away
Yummy Mummy’s and little bunnies
10 weeks Family Fit

Each week we will offer different ways of keeping fit including Zumba. While we are exercising our little bunnies will be cared for by our qualified little bunnie carers. The second session will be a family based fun exercise session for our little bunnies to join in with There will be a break in the middle of the two sessions where we can have a cuppa and a snack with your little bunnies and have a chat with the other mums
Give it a go it will be fun.

Sessions will be held on Tuesday mornings
At All Souls Church hall
9.30 till 11.30 from 21st February 2012
Cost £2.50 per family

Email: yummy.mummys@yahoo.co.uk
Liz: 07921705042
All Souls: Corner of Mather Avenue and Springwood Avenue,
MERSEYSIDE, L19 4TF

nellietina Wed 18-Apr-12 10:52:27

hi i am a grandmother of 2 grown up grandkids and miss so much the love of little ones would love to be a grandmother again to little ones. if there is anyone that is looking for a grandmother for there kids i would be more than willing to help thanks

hi nellietina. Our DS is 16 months although we are blessed to have two wonderful sets of grandparents, I firmly belive a child can never have to many people to love and care for them. We would love to have another grandmother for Ethan. We live near prescot just outside Liverpool x

pitujones Tue 23-Apr-13 01:14:08

hello Im from Spain Im 34 and have a 4 month old baby I've been here since September last year but have no friends and have pnd and had a 3rd degree tear giving birth :-( , would love to meet friends so maybe i would start to feel more adapted to Liverpool, i live in everton :-) xxx

J4563T Mon 13-May-13 11:03:35

Hi Kaylouise, I know exactly how you feel, Ive been a full time mum for the past 13/14 years I had my first child at 17 and lost all my friends. We talk on facebook but not really the same! If you would like to chat feel free to contact me anytme. x

kinetic Tue 14-May-13 23:16:23

Hey everyone, it's been a bit tumbleweeds round here but hopefully that will change. There's a meetup on 26th May at TriBeCa on Berry Street, details on the meetup page.

Apart from that, it'd be great to get some chat going here. J4563T, I'm kinetic, hello!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now