Local Talk

Any new mums/regular meet ups in South Liverpool area?

(8 Posts)
Syounis Sun 02-Sep-12 19:26:33

Hi,
I have a 3 week DS and looking to see if there are any regular meet up's in the South Liverpool area, I'm based in Wavertree. I've looked on the NCT website but couldn't find anything, and wondering if there are any independant groups out there. Any tips welcome.
Thank you.

TheLightPassenger Sun 02-Sep-12 21:45:29

Hi, I don't have a young child, but look out for the Frontline Centre, attached to Frontline Church Wavertree, they run the Sticky Faces/Sticky Fingers groups. Don't be put off by it being attached to a church, it's not a religious group iyswim.

Syounis Wed 05-Sep-12 11:32:15

Thank you, I will look into that.

calmlychaotic Fri 07-Sep-12 21:56:25

hiya, try the childrens centres, you'll meet loads of people on the baby sensory/baby massage etc courses with babies same age. check their timetables online. lark lane toddler group in the old police station on lark lane mon and thur 9.30-11.30 is nice for cups of tea and a chat. not sure about anything in wavertree though x

Syounis Sun 09-Sep-12 17:34:26

Thanks for that, I'm always around that way as love sefton park so will look into that.

fudge74 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:14:00

There is a playgroup in the ullet rd unitarian church hall (again it is not a religious group) on Weds and Fri mornings 10-12. £1.50 per session and you get a cuppa and the mums there are lovely!
HTH

joolbools Mon 15-Oct-12 14:06:16

There are lots of classes at the Wavertree Childrens Centre - opposite wavertree leisure centre. They have baby massage, they used to do a splash and sing on Thursday in the pool which was free - best check they still offer this. Dovedale School have a surestart aswell which offer great classes like messy play and they used to do a storytime which ran at Sara Hall, Sudley.

ashauke1 Wed 21-Nov-12 10:31:09

I'd recommend Sticky Fingers parent & toddler group in Wavertree. www.imagineiftrust.org/portfolio/sticky-fingers/

It's on Wed/Thur/Fri at 10am (and 1pm on Thursdays). It's a big hall with loads of toys and activities etc, space for the kids to run around. I don't have kids myself but do childminding & the kids always loved going there. It can be a bit overwhelming when you first go in (coz it's so big) but everyone's really friendly and I met lots of lovely people.. And as already said above, it's based in the same building as the church but it's run by a different charity smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now