Local Talk

choosing secondary schools

(7 Posts)
beujolais Tue 11-Sep-12 13:42:26

Filled with anxiety at the prospect of senior school, it's coming slowly but surely! Aren't all senior schools like bloody grange hill?

fudge74 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:07:59

Our headmaster at my senior school always used to shout "this is not grange hill" when he got really cross - haha! Go to some open evenings, they should put your mind at ease?

beujolais Mon 15-Oct-12 23:12:46

Haha, thanks for that i feel a bit more ready to deal with it. Another parent i know suggested i go to some open evenings so i'll do that, i have a couple of ideals in mind.+++++++++++++++

fudge74 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:53:45

our ds1 is in yr 6 so we are in the midst of all this secondary school malarkey. Which ones are you interested in? DS did bluecoat exam and we get the results tomorrow [biting nails emoticon] !!

beujolais Tue 23-Oct-12 22:12:12

St margarates i think, i've heard very good things. I can't help but let the fact that i found secondary school so miserable cloud my judgement a little. I'm gonne have to man up and do my research and try and make the best possible choice. How did you get on? what were the results? Are we punching the air?

fudge74 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:36:35

Yes we are - he got into the Bluecoat! Yay! I'm so pleased for him, and that all our hard work over the summer prepping for exams paid off.

You just have to remember that this is a whole new generation we have here, and schools have changed for the better I am sure. I did not go to as many open evenings as I had hoped to, partly because Caldies and Childwall were on the same night (duh!) and I had a migraine on the St Margarets eve. Hope your visits settle your anxieties a bit.

beujolais Tue 30-Oct-12 13:26:00

Thank you so much for your input fudge74, you've put my mind at ease. So happy he got into bluecoat, you must be so proud!! That's such a great school too. I have heard good things about st margarates so here's hoping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now