Local Talk

Dovecot/ Knotty Ash/ West Derby

(2 Posts)
toffeeghirlinatwirl Fri 25-Jan-13 14:09:10

does anyone know of any cub/scout groups, youth clubs/ play schemes, sports classes in this area, please? We recently moved from L15 where my 10 and 12 year old participated in these activities, but now we are in a strange area and haven't a clue where to turn. Additionally, is there anything for me up here in the way of courses, volunteering or exercise? I have mental health problems and spent much of last year unwell and increasingly anxious about leaving home. Now I have moved, the travelling distance to my old neighbourhood and unfamiliarity with my new surroundings is suffocating me. I feel so isolated and worried about my acrophobia returning.
ps I'm new to this site too! :\

Hi toffeeghirl,

I'm not sure about sports and stuff as my boys are only 4 and a baby, but there is a pool in Tuebrook and a new Ben Dunne gym (which is very nice) opened on the Wavertree tech park which isn't too far if you have a car.

The children's centre in Stoneycroft has some parent-led activities, or at least they used to, it's been a while since I've been there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now