Local Talk

Trafford Primary school admissions - proof of residency

(14 Posts)
peacypops Tue 17-Apr-12 18:26:12

We have just had through our letter telling us which school DD has got into (thankfully we got our first choice) and I'm just getting together the paperwork that the LEA need before they will confirm allocation (i.e proof of residency). One of the things they ask for is proof of receipt of child benefit. Does anyone know exactly what they require? The last letter I had about CB was well over a year ago - we don't get statements as such. Will a bank statement with the payment showing suffice?
We're in Trafford by the way. Thanks in advance for any advice! smile

RillaBlythe Wed 18-Apr-12 21:10:23

Hm, should have a look at our admission letter too! I have had to produce proof of receipt of child benefit before & just took along whatever letter I had - it also didn't appear terribly formal, but it was sufficient.

RillaBlythe Wed 18-Apr-12 21:10:44

Basically, all it needs to be is from HMRC & have your home address on, & the words child benefit. IMO.

peacypops Wed 18-Apr-12 21:41:56

Thanks. Yes, I have my most recent letter from around a year ago - just wasn't sure whether this would suffice as it's not current. Will just have to send them that and hope it's ok!

MiseryPlop Wed 18-Apr-12 21:43:51

You can always give them a ring and request a current proof of entitlement letter - I had to do this for something a few months ago, and it arrived within a week.

peacypops Wed 18-Apr-12 21:46:01

Thanks misery - I've been told it will take 10 days though and paperwork has to be submitted by end of month so could be a bit tight. Might do that anyway and if it arrives sooner can send it along

RillaBlythe Thu 19-Apr-12 12:37:19

Is this a faith school? Just looked at our letter from Trafford & there's nothing about sending in proof of residency hmm

retropops Thu 19-Apr-12 13:30:14

Thnk it depends on the school 've ben told if its oversubscribed you have to prove where you lkive before you get your place - which school is it?

peacypops Thu 19-Apr-12 13:37:41

Not a faith school no - it's Seymour Park. I imagine you're right Retro - as it is oversubscribed.

RillaBlythe Thu 19-Apr-12 14:02:13

Ah that would make sense. Panic over.

I have the same problem, still waiting for a copy of my last tax credits notice. They said 10 days which would have took it till the 30th!!
I didnt think it was wise to wait so I have sent an copy of an old tax credits letter along with a recent letter from the hospital addressed to DD, so all pretty formal things, along with the other proof they asked for.
I phoned admissions today and they said not to worry, all they want is a letter with the childs name and address on and reassured me that if there is anything additional they need they will contact me, by which point im hopeful I should have recieved a copy of tc/cb letters.

peacypops Sat 21-Apr-12 08:29:31

Thanks kellibabylove - I emailed them and they said my last CB letter should be fine. I think I am just going to send an additional letter that has DDs name on - just to be on the safe side! Want to get it all sent today as time is ticking!

topsmart Thu 26-Apr-12 17:14:27

Ooh well done peacypops, my dd is at Seymour park and she/we love it smile

BeehavingBaby Wed 02-May-12 20:35:31

CB haven't sent letters for a long time - you are meant to be able to use your Tax Credits award notice as eveidence but no-one requesting a CB letter will accept it. Ring and they'll send an entitlement letter but it took 3 weeks for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now