Local Talk

Holy Trinity School, Wimbledon, breakfast and after school care

(15 Posts)
misskensington Mon 04-Apr-11 18:33:02

Hi all,
My daughter got into Holy Trinity School today, yippee!
As we both work (myself 3 days per week), can anyone recommend childcare locally to the school that does breakfast plus drop off as well as pick up after school?
We're over in Merton Park so a fair way away and have no idea about nurseries etc in that location.
Alternatively are there any parents that want to club together and try and do shared care?
Thanks everyone.

wobblypig Mon 04-Apr-11 20:32:20

How on earth did you get into Holy Trinity if you live in Merton Park?Sorry to sound bitter but we are much nearer to HT than Merton Park and we didn't get in.

Sorry can't help with the childcare arrangement.

gazzalw Tue 05-Apr-11 08:22:10

YMCA do after-school care quite reasonably and do pick up from schools in the area but not sure about before school options....

gottasmile Tue 05-Apr-11 14:29:00

Misskensington, HT have a breakfast club. Ask the school and they'll be able to give you the details.

Wobblypig, I really feel for you, just not fair. Stay on the waiting list. They do work - I speak from experience!

misskensington Tue 05-Apr-11 22:16:38

Thanks all. Wobblypig we got in on a foundation place because we attend mass every week and wanted a faith based education for our daughter hence we are further away.
Will try the YMCA.
I know about the breakfast club but sadly it only caters for 30 and there's a fair number of pupils at the school wanting it so the waiting lists tend to be quite long.
Also have a little 18 month lad who will need a nursery/ childminder too.

wobblypig Fri 08-Apr-11 20:14:21

Misskensington may I aks if you are catholic then?

gazzalw Fri 08-Apr-11 20:38:42

Holy Trinity is a CofE school not Catholic!

omnishambles Fri 08-Apr-11 20:43:57

Must have been a bit odd for you going to holy trinity every week to get in to the school when you're a catholic confused you'll probably find its not faith based enough for your liking.

slummymomma Wed 13-Apr-11 21:43:52

Breakfast/after school club is excellent and (currently) not oversubscribed. If you talk to the office they should be able to advise you about booking a place - not sure you can do it for September yet though.

On the foundation places question it's worth noting that you can apply for a foundation place as a Catholic. HT and the other two churches in the parish get priority. After that other christian churches are eligible.

I wouldn't recommend the YMCA for a little one. Having tried it they didn't provide a suitable level of care for a reception or year one child - they'd be OK for an older child though.

HT is a great school - welcome!

Mumfun Sat 16-Apr-11 16:52:38

It shows Catholics are most favoured by the education system. They have their own schools, then they can get in on C of E foundation places, then they can apply for anywhere else as well. I bet C of E people cant get into Catholic schools in Merton.

The system really discriminates in favour of Catholics.

wobblypig Sun 01-May-11 20:42:17

No C of E can't get into Catholic schools in Merton. I am shocked that a Catholic has got into Holy Trinity when signed off C of E have not got in. Soemthing very wrong there.

bigdonna Mon 02-May-11 17:49:37

i live near acatholic school ,and know it takes children who are not catholic!i live in merton.i also look after aboy who goes to acatholic school in mitcham and hes not catholic.

wobblypig Sun 08-May-11 21:46:58

Maybe chould have said catholic schools in Wimbledon not Merton then. Mitcham schools appear to be a class apart.

Liliesandveuve Mon 09-May-11 16:59:37

So you are Catholic but got into holy trinity over people who live closer because you wanted a faith school, even though it's a different religion?
This is a minefield!

misskensington Wed 01-Jun-11 21:47:57

Thanks for your message slummymomma, that's really useful information especially as we thought the breakfast club was oversubscribed. Thanks for your welcome too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now