Local Talk

Nurseries in Wimbledon

(14 Posts)
Hennyb1980 Wed 13-Apr-11 13:33:50

Hi everyone!
I am new to Mumsnet and hoping to send my son to nursery for 2 days a week from September (he will be 11 months old) - does anyone have any recommended nurseries in the area? Ideally Wimbledon Village or close to. Many thanks x

Etito Thu 14-Apr-11 12:05:03

Hi
I am in the same process right now and after visiting Playdays-White house(on the hill towards Wimbledon village) can tell you that they look great. I have enrolled my daughter for July but there is a long waiting list so I enrolled her to the other branch of Palydays as well so that I can start in July and then move to the white house eventually.
Arrange some visits with them so that you can see the enviroment.
I dont really know any others close to the village, hope someone else can help you there
Iveta

Hennyb1980 Thu 14-Apr-11 12:45:08

Thanks Iveta, that's really helpful - will have a look now and hopefully arrange a visit soon!

Karis11 Thu 12-May-11 16:38:42

I'm in the same boat. I will be moving to Wimbledon next month and it will be too far for my DS to commute back to his old nursery in Battersea. We need a nursery for him for 3 months. Anyone heard of Willows Nursery? Many thanks!

JumpStartLB Tue 17-May-11 22:02:53

We have used Dicky Birds nursery in Dundonald Road for 6 years (two daughters) and have always been very happy with it. The staff are great and really care about the children. Always difficult to get in, so the sooner you put your name down the better.

ShrutiSingh Sun 22-May-11 19:03:32

My 2 year old goes for DeeDay nursery on Merton road. Staff is very responsible and caring and we are happy with me. Let me know if you need any additional info.

ladyasriel Wed 21-Sep-11 23:24:31

Oak Tree is closest to the village - lots of friends happy with it

PeriPeri Thu 08-Dec-11 13:48:14

My little one is with Teddies in Raynes Park....great nursery. Equally there is a new one opening in Wimbledon on Pelham Road. It is called Nurture Day Nurseries (nurturenurseries.com).
Getting into a nursery in Wimbledon is tricky...I had to register my son when he was a 20 week foetus!

AKM1 Tue 13-Dec-11 22:19:51

We're moving to Wimbledon in January and need to find a nursery for our 14 month old daughter for at least 3 days a week. It's a slightly unexpected move so we haven't been able to find out about nurseries until now. When people say waiting lists are long, how long do they mean?? And does any one have any suggestions for alternative day care solutions i.e. nanny shares etc? Thanks so much in advance.

witherhills Wed 14-Dec-11 22:48:22

New nursery opening in Pelham Road, Easter 2012, called Nurture
and Wimbledon Day Nursery on Montague Road are opening brand new site early Summer I think.

I had to wait about 6 months for full time place,when DS was 3, but he was already in the nursery 2 afternoons

It will be easier if you just have to fit in a couple of days i think, don't panic

Maarias Tue 03-Jan-12 21:47:57

Willows is where my son is now. So far so ok...not going to make a final judgement just yet!
It's very convenient for me, which is the main reason I chose it.
Also, might be worth looking at Butterflies nursery, which opened early last year...not sure whether they have a waiting list yet...it's near Dundonald Road.

cureandcare Thu 12-Jan-12 13:10:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

simonscat Tue 31-Jan-12 18:57:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mackie1 Fri 10-Aug-12 11:31:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now