Local Talk

ballet for 3 year old

(6 Posts)
wobblypig Tue 20-Mar-12 20:06:51

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good ballet class for a 3 year old who is quite shy. I really want to bring her out of herself and aid her self-expression - she has speech delay. A friendly little class would suit. Any suggestions?

merrymonsters Mon 16-Apr-12 00:06:35

Kathryn Caple does classes at St Andrew's Church Hall on a Saturday. I think you can start at about 3 and a half. Her email is kcaple113@btinternet.com. My daughter doesn't do it anymore, but it is a nice dance school.

Otherwise, there is a franchise called Babyballet. There is a website, which lists classes. Babyballet is fun version of ballet and great for younger kids.

OliviaL Mon 16-Apr-12 08:18:06

Hi
I have a three year old and have sent enquiries to the Siegeris School. Just waiting for them to come back to me. I will report back!
O

wobblypig Mon 16-Apr-12 21:34:26

Thanks a lot - will investigate .

Primafacie Fri 20-Apr-12 12:57:40

Our 3 year old goes to Wimbledon Dance Academy (across the street from Wimbledon High) and loves it. I am pleasantly surprised by her progress (she started in January, so still recent), though I must say there is no grace whatsoever smile!

As far as I can tell, most girls are quite intimidated at first, so don't be surprised if she does not jump into it at the first lesson. Also Mrs Olga has quite a thick Russian accent, which takes some getting used to.

OliviaL Tue 05-Jun-12 22:13:40

Just coming back on this - my DD is going to the Siegeris Dance School on Victory Road (not to far from you I think wobblypig?). She loves it and the teacher Jennifer is a dote.

O

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now