Local Talk

Kids Chinese School in Wimbedon area?

(4 Posts)
jjjeee Fri 25-May-12 15:55:33

My son (4 year old) is half Chinese, he can speak some chinese and I want him to improve his chinese skill. Could anybody suggest some good chinese schools in the area suitable for a kid? Many thanks, Jessica

frijolitas Sat 30-Jun-12 12:15:36

Hi Jessica. By school, do you mean one where they study reading and writing, have exams etc (which is the kind of Chinese school I went to as a kid every Sunday)? AFAIK, there are Chinese schools in London but not in the Wimbledon area. The only one I know of is the Chinese club for 2-5 year holds at Wimbledon Library but this is a club rather than a school. Think they teach mandarin rather than Cantonese (not sure which your child speaks). Would be interested to know what you find as my LO is half Chinese too. She's only 6 months old so too early for school but would her to go to one when she's old enough!

ma888 Thu 04-Oct-12 08:47:56

There is one in Sutton and one in Hounslow

deniseip Sat 03-Nov-12 07:32:33

Hi Jessica

I also have a 4 yr old half Chinese son (as well as a 7yr old) here in Wimbledon. Did you find a Chinese school nearby for your son yet? Does he speak Cantonese or Mandarin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now