Local Talk

Has anyone used the Virgin Active creche? Verdict?

(4 Posts)
StarLily Thu 21-Jun-12 23:06:38

I really need to start swimming again but as a single parent and no parents of my own nearby it is hard to get away. I am wary of creches in gyms but maybe I am being silly...

The nearest gym to me is a Virgin Active (in SW19, London). Has anyone used their creches (I am guessing they should be fairly uniform across the land...) and if so, what did you think of them? Are they really safe? I have nightmare visions of coming out form swimming and find that someone has taken my child, god, it sounds crazily paranoid but she is the light of my life obviously...

I would also be grateful for any info on creche pricing as I know from experience how impossible it is to get an answer out if gym staff before they lure you into a cosy room with a contract, and before you know it you have signed your life (and money) away ;) Can you go to Virgin Active without becoming a member.. and does this affect the creche price (if it costs extra)?

Any help appreciated smile

mertonmama Sat 23-Jun-12 21:59:44

You can't use the Virgin Active crèche if you're not a member. If you are a member you can buy blocks of time in the crèche. It's a longtime since I've used it but I don't think it was prohibitively expensive - although the cost of gym membership is of course!

Crèche itself is fine for an hour or so but wouldn't want to leave a tiny baby there for much longer than an hour. It's better for toddlers and they have some good activities in the mornings. I really wouldn't worry about leaving a baby, if anything they are prone to calling people back unnecessarily!

If you would be happy to do something other than swimming you might look at the YMCA. I think they may have a crèche?

OhSheesh Thu 09-Aug-12 16:18:33

You could try Wimbledon Leisure Centre in Latimer Road. I haven't used it myself, but the creche is open for 2 hours every weekday with priority for members. They are cheaper than Virgin too.

Maarias Thu 04-Oct-12 22:19:56

Hi, I have used the Virgin Active creche in South wimbledon with both my boys. Always very happy with it. Lots of activities on all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now