Local Talk

Living in Raynes Park

(7 Posts)
anujs03 Mon 17-Sep-12 10:54:15

Hi,

We are looking to buy a property in Raynes Park in the Pavillions, the new development at Fairways. We have a small baby boy (6 months). What do people think about living in Raynes park and about bringing up a family? Is the south side of the station safe? How are the schools and near by green spaces? Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

The high street is 'on the up'! http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/business/news/9934292.Raynes_Park_hailed_as_UK_s_best_performing_high_street/

Schools good, lots of things to do for babies (a club called Boogaloo in Taunton Avenue, music club called Jiggle and Jam at St Matthew's church Hall, toddler groups at St Matthew's Church Hall, at ChristChurch on Copse Hill and the Methodist hall on Worple Road etc etc)

Green spaces at Cottenham Park, Holland Gardens, RP Sports Ground, and Wimbledon Common is really close. Also Joseph Hood playing fields in nearby Motspur Park.

Local state schools are West Wimbledon, Hollymount and St Matthew's.

Best wishes

Chocoholiday Fri 21-Sep-12 22:09:02

Safe but dull dull dull. We hated it around there - no sense of community and totally overpriced. But then that's SW London for you. We moved further out in the end and have never looked back.

I couldn't disagree more with the poster above.

There is a huge sense of community. And dull? It's not Las Vegas, if that is what you're looking for. But horses for courses I suppose.

Most of the people we know have been here years, and love it.

leannac Wed 17-Oct-12 09:08:35

I have an 17 month old & another on the way & think life in raynes park is so easy with babies that ill struggle to move when I outgrow my house! There are so many classes & activities, loads of other mums & its got a real sense of community. I haven't been inside the fair view homes but have heard they quite overpriced compared to other houses in the area. Apparently houses on the street which fair view leads off are almost half the price & similar size?p

Cillatastic Thu 18-Oct-12 14:27:15

I've just moved to Cannon hill lane, south of raynes park train station. I have a 14month old little boy and would love to know if there is anything around for him to go to. Especially when my mum looks after him on a Monday and Tuesday would be nice for them to both be occupied!

leannac Sat 20-Oct-12 19:19:59

Monday not so much on but Tuesdays there's a playgroup in the Methodist church at the end if tolverne rd & another at st Matthews church - both good fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now