Local Talk

Good kids swimming lessons in Wimbledon area?

(11 Posts)
eatsleeppoop Sun 07-Oct-12 11:23:10

Hi

My DD is 6 and my DS 4 and they have been taking private group lessons for the past year and I feel I am not getting my money's worth so am looking at other options. Can anyone recommend a good place to take them for lessons?

I am thinking of-

1. Wimbledon Leisure Centre/Morden Pools courses - although they are different abilities so this makes this logistically a bit difficult.
2. A swim club - there are a number in the area that offer lessons, but I have no idea how good any of these are, has anyone had any experiences with these and could recommend one near Wimbedon? I am quite keen on this idea as I feel they will have a vested interest in my children learning (and it's cheaper), although they tend to be in the evenings which is a bit late for little things on a school night.

Can anyone recommend a good teacher or club, or anywhere else where my children can get some quality swimming teaching?

Thanks

AlexWimbledon Thu 06-Dec-12 19:45:22

Unfortunately, the nearest swimming school is The Dolphin Swimming School. The toddler classes are held in Mitcham, 4 tram stops from Wimbledon unless you drive. The stop is Phipps Bridge. They also run classes for older kids on Ridgeway in King's College but the water id not warm enough for the littlest.

There used to be Little Dippers class near Wimbledon Rugby Club, Raynes Park but they don't run it anymore.

AlexWimbledon Thu 06-Dec-12 19:47:12

Oh, sorry, just noticed your children's ages. They should be fine for the classes run in the college. It's just next to the Village.

fluffyman1 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:53:58

You could always try Nuffield Health in Wimbledon - next to Odeon. They do everyday 3.30-5.30pm. they have a new swim co-ord who is very good and a extremly good teacher smile

fluffyman1 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:55:30

they also do Parent & baby classes on a tuesday and after easter they will be doing a Wednesday class too smile

fluffyman1 Sat 09-Mar-13 17:08:38

Dolphin swim school is run from Wimbledon boy's college - not Kings College Alex.

They run every day, but are a bit pricey and the college water is cold, however, the teacher's are all very good smile

Nuffy Tue 20-May-14 09:01:18

See their new webpage; www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/wimbledon/swimming-lessons

They have a web form which forwards direct to their swimming co-ordinator too.

Ben

SwimWay Mon 14-Jul-14 13:09:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SwimWay Mon 13-Oct-14 20:49:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

2FatLadied Sat 18-Oct-14 21:03:04

I've been happy with Wimbledon Leisure Centre swimming lessons - they do all levels, so will work for two kids, but probably at different times. Have a look at their website, you can register and then see what is available. It can be hard to get a place in Stage 1, but if you keep an eye on the website spots do come up.

Happiness27022008 Sun 09-Nov-14 23:52:40

It is a swimming school in Wimbledon colleague. Dolphin swimming school. I am taking my child and I am happy. Also waves swimming school.
If you don't find them. Let me know and I will give you the number

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now