Local Talk

Outdoor nurseries in Wimbledon for my 2.5 year olds

(6 Posts)
Minna10 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:32:03

All,

We are in the process of moving to Wimbledon and I'm therefore looking for a new nursery for my 2.5 year old twins.

I'm dead keen to find a nursery which focuses on as much outdoor learning/play as possible.

My daughter suffers from bad and recurring tonsillitis and even the slightest cold turns into a really nasty throat infection. As it is proven that the children in outdoor nurseries suffers from much less infections, I'm really keen to find one.

I know that there is a forest nursery in Roehampton, but it is just a bit too long commute.

I'm also keen to find out if there is a nursery that feeds into Holymount primary school.

Any suggestions would be really helpful!

Thanks!!

Banana1978 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:37:58

We use Dickybirds. They have a couple of branches in Wimbledon - by the station and in Dundonald. The Dundonald one is right opposite the park, and both have outside play areas. The one by the station is near South Park Gardens. They're not "outside" nurseries as such (although I don't really know what one of those is!), but my LO plays outside every day, and the older ones have free flow into the garden. My friend has her LO at the other branch and we've both been really happy with them. A new nursery called Nurture has also just opened, and I've heard some good things about it from a friend, so worth a look... HTH

clara4444 Fri 07-Dec-12 22:26:22

hi there my 3 yo is at nurture - they play a lot outside. the garden isn't huge but they definitely make the most of it. i am very happy with the nursery - the staff are great and my little boy has settled so well there.

Leannasq1 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:12:20

I am in the process of trying to set up an outdoor nursery in raynes park. I'm just 32wks pregnant & have 20 month old toddler so its taking me a while to get all my paperwork in order.

I totally agree outdoor nurseries are amazing for little ones - my desire to open one partly comes from a desire to send my daughter to one!

I'll keep you posted!

Spencerette Mon 14-Jan-13 15:42:35

Leann that would be great! I'm 29 weeks and a friend of mine in Scotland raves about the 'woodland' nursery she sends her daughter to. They are out in all weathers (well wrapped up of course) building mud pies, learning about nature etc. Sounds awesome!

MimaSW20 Sun 17-Feb-13 23:01:05

Oaktree nursery in Wimbledon has great outside space.
Separately we are out the other side of recurrent tonsilitis, I can't recommend ent4kids enough, my DS is 2, he had a tonsilectomy at 22months. Just thought I'd mention if you need a friendly ear....I know this thread is a bit old....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now