Local Talk

Reception class 2013

(18 Posts)
VictoryGirl Sat 05-Jan-13 21:02:34

Anyone else with a little one due to start in September? The joy of school applications! Hoping for St Mary's on Russell Road or Holy Trinity. Fingers crossed, competition so tight.

Who else is in the thick of it?

OffallyGOod Thu 10-Jan-13 22:36:22

Where do you live.? We live in the battles and are basically harbouring no hope whatsoever although suspect we may be offered one of the MItcham primaries

wandlemum Fri 11-Jan-13 11:41:15

Yes, we are applying too. Fingers crossed we all get what we want. We live the wrong side of Haydons Road and are applying for HT & Priory. Hope we have some hope of a place in either. I don't hold out much hope of HT but we are applying for a church place so I think the catchment area is larger.

wandlemum Fri 11-Jan-13 12:20:08

Also has anyone any experience of All saints school? Any opinions/views appreciated

OffallyGOod Fri 11-Jan-13 19:07:31

If you have a church place your hopes are much better so good luck. All Saints has expanded so may be offered but we didn't put it as a preference. Garfield I suppose would be near to you . It is very difficult around here but things are better than we applied for DS a few years ago.

VictoryGirl Fri 11-Jan-13 22:24:53

We are in the Battles too :-)
I don't have experience of AS, have heard mixed things about it but do know one mum who is v happy with it.
Feeling stressed!

OffallyGOod Fri 11-Jan-13 22:33:44

Couple of years ago we were offered Benedicts primary for Ds. We turned it down and went onto waiting lists but found ourselves moving down rather than up the list. Hoping this time round will be better

wandlemum Sun 13-Jan-13 22:00:21

yes its all quite stressful. Ultimately we have no control. Where on earth is Benedicts? I have never heard of it? well we wont know until April now. Goodluck x

VictoryGirl Sat 13-Apr-13 21:51:03

Not long to wait now! Fingers crossed!

OffallyGOod Wed 17-Apr-13 21:01:20

Anyone just found out. Got offered Benedicts primary again! You think they would give me decent school for one of my children

VictoryGirl Wed 17-Apr-13 21:13:14

Oh that is a pain OffallyGood. I am happy as we got our first choice, St Mary's. V relieved.

OffallyGOod Wed 17-Apr-13 21:30:24

Congratulations Victory you must be happy. I am livid I just can't believe that this has happened again. Feel it must be a conspiracy

Primafacie Wed 17-Apr-13 22:20:44

Offaly, we were offered St Thomas of Canterbury in Mitcham! A mere 2.7 miles away from us (Ministers).

Private school's the way we're going. I'm still bloody furious with the LEA!

Primafacie Wed 17-Apr-13 22:22:11

Well done Victory, we visited St Mary's and really liked it.

OffallyGOod Wed 17-Apr-13 22:40:55

Where are you headed prima?

Primafacie Wed 17-Apr-13 22:43:59

Wimbledon High.

OffallyGOod Thu 18-Apr-13 00:11:05

Lucky you ! At least you won't need to worry at 11.

Primafacie Thu 18-Apr-13 06:29:30

That's true! Thanks for helping me focus on the positive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now