Local Talk

Photography for your little ones

(4 Posts)
hicksy1 Thu 23-May-13 13:38:48

I am a photographer for baby and children photography, i just wanted to put my feelers out there, to ask mums or mums to be what you would pay for a set of pictures these days? whats acceptable..

alot of people con you, in getting you to pay a set fee on the day and then afterwards charging you for each individual picture to be blown up, whereas i charge a set fee for shoot on the day, no time limits and images blown up included, 8 shots. all retouched if neccesary. i currently charge £300.00 all in for this service, i would appreciate all opinions as wether this is a fair price, being a mummy myself i am not one who likes to feel ripped off in anyway..

many thanks,

jo

Primafacie Wed 05-Jun-13 00:04:23

Sorry, I've never had professional photos done in this country, but I think £300 is obscene for 8 pictures. I live in Wimbledon and I am a high earner who loves good photos, so might be your ideal target audience, but I couldn't bring myself to pay this sort of money. It would just feel so self-indulgent - plus my DH would have a fit!

FoxForce5 Tue 11-Jun-13 18:42:40

We use a brilliant photographer who charges £200 for a one hour shoot which includes every image on a disk afterwards - straight handover, no copyright malarkey or retention of any photos by the photographer. Compared to that you are pricing yourself out of the market!

FoxForce5 Tue 11-Jun-13 18:43:38

And that includes any necessary retouching by the way...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now