Local Talk

Wimbledon Park Primary School - waiting list

(3 Posts)
farnhamjohnny Fri 31-May-13 21:59:57

Hi there, please does anyone have any experience of being on the above waiting list? We live in Southfields, less than 500 metres from WPPS, and are currently 22nd on the list for a 2013 reception place. I wondered if anyone thinks we may get in within the first year, or am I fooling myself?

Cocoab Mon 18-Nov-13 16:56:33

Hi
I know your post was a while ago but I'm interested to hear if you got a place at the School.
I think we might be in a similar position for next year!

Thanks
cbx

Willemdefoeismine Tue 19-Nov-13 13:02:49

I think you might find that the waiting lists can sometimes go down very quickly twixt Offers Day and the start of the next academic year. Many parents apply for school places but move elsewhere before the new school year. Some people may start their children at primaries knowing that they are relocating in a matter of weeks and do so, freeing up further places. Freeing up a couple of places in the very sought-after primaries (as indeed Wimbledon Park is) can have a major ripple impact for many children on waiting lists.

Hope you were lucky Farnhamjohnny or that you are pleased with the school you were allocated instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now