Local Talk

Wimbledon nurseries - some help please

(5 Posts)
SammyR13 Fri 21-Jun-13 22:12:43

Hi, I am new to Mumsnet and was hoping that some of you could help me with what I am sure is the first of many dilemmas.
We have found a nursery that we really like in Wimbledon but talking to friends in different parts of London it is significantly more expensive than theirs.
Is Wimbledon just really expensive for nurseries or can anyone recommend a reasonably priced nursery? We obviously want a good nursery and are keen one one that focuses on nutrition and education as well as fun but we're surprised Wimbledon seems to be so much more than other parts of London.

Thank you all, really appreciate your help.

OffallyGOod Sat 22-Jun-13 09:01:33

Lots of things are more expensive in Wimbledon than elsewhere. We were paying about £500 a month with for 2.5 long days.
We moved to a private preschool for which we pay the same as reception so 2300 with nef discount.

gefjun Sun 23-Jun-13 22:15:48

Our son is in Willows pre-school, where he is very happy. They are very focused on pre-school education (they employ mainly educated nursery teachers with degrees) and healthy nutrition, and it is also a small and caring environment. We pay just under 1300 per month for 5 days a week.

I have also heard good things about other nurseries, such as Building Blocks, and they are often slightly more expensive at £1600 per month for 5 days.

Larainesw20 Thu 21-Nov-13 12:56:41

My child is at Nurture and we pay £67 per day. They have two nurseries in Wimbledon and Raynes Park. Good value because everything is included - nappies, wipes, creams, milks and also extra curricular activities which other nurseries always "add on"

raj1976 Mon 20-Jan-14 10:02:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now