Local Talk

St marys primary school admissions form

(5 Posts)
EdelWigan Mon 29-Jul-13 22:18:37

Hey, just moved to the south wimbledon and would love to send
Lo to St Marys. I know the religious requirements but does anyone know if your letter has to be signed by the priest at St Winifred's church or if they would do it at the Sacred Heart Church if we were attending there instead?

Thanks!

Primafacie Mon 29-Jul-13 22:48:24

They will take a letter from any catholic priest, it doesn't need to be from the St Winnifred's one. The head told us last year that it can even be from a parish abroad. But you may want to check with the school just to make absolutely sure. If this year is anything to go by, you will need 3 years of weekly attendance to get in.

EdelWigan Tue 30-Jul-13 12:58:55

Thanks for that, very helpful! Presumably then you need letters from previous Parishes to cover the 3year period then? Wish I'd thought of that before I moved!! Thanks again.

Primafacie Tue 30-Jul-13 18:41:23

Yes, I think you would need letters from parishes where you used to live. But check with the head, she is really lovely and efficient. Shame we didn't get a place! It looks like a v nice school. If you live nearby, the alternative might be Pelham, which parents also rate highly.

VictoryGirl Thu 01-Aug-13 15:12:38

DD starts there in September and we only moved into the area less than 18 months ago. We do go to mass every week but our form signed by the parish priest said we were occasional attendees. Our local parish priest at home supplied a letter backing us up so we submitted that too.

Good luck, it's a really lovely school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now