Kings Junior - KCJS - what is it like???

(4 Posts)
Wyfy Wed 11-Feb-15 16:27:20

Hi, please can anyone with a son at Kings Junior let me know what it is like? I have a bright but quiet son who is athletic but not into team sports. His current school has suggested we look at it but it seems "too much" for a 7 year old. Can anyone give me an insight? I didn't love it when I looked round but feel that maybe I'm missing something... Many thanks

CaptainNjork Thu 12-Feb-15 18:44:14

Can't help much as we felt the same as you. DS did the 7+ and got an offer but it just seemed too grown up for him and all very serious so we've opted for elsewhere.

I have friends with kids there who are happy though.

Bonnemaman69 Tue 27-Sep-16 11:39:26

My son is preparing the 8+ entrance examination for a place at King's College Junior School. He is bright and likes sports but is sensitive and can be quite shy. We visited the school and all liked it but I would love to hear from mums who have young children there. I just want to make sure we choose the right school for him. All comments and advice welcome. Thanks! smile

MertonParkMum Fri 07-Oct-16 11:39:38

Hi, just to say I visited the school last night but for 11plus entry.

I can understand your concerns. I didn't love the school, unlike a lot of other local parents. My gut instinct would be to go with your gut instinct!

You'll know when you love a school. Is there any harm in keeping him where he is? Or is it a pre-prep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now