Computing in Wimbledon Area - Independent Sector

(4 Posts)
outy Sat 26-Mar-16 09:45:58

Hi all,

My first post but benefitted from the advice on mumsnet a lot over the years. We are moving to Wimbledon. We are looking to get our son, who is 8 into a local independent school. He loves computing and wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience with schools use of computing in the local area? Would really appreciate any advice you might be able to give. Thanks in advance! smile

DrE678 Sat 26-Mar-16 21:46:01

My DS is at Willington and they do coding from Year 1. They have excellent computing lessons and computing clubs. They have a really good IT teacher who the boys love. They are also getting new equipment soon and a new computing lab. Let me know if you want to know anything else and I'll ask DS, he loves computing but I'm a bit clueless.

outy Fri 15-Apr-16 10:48:20

Thank you so much for letting me know. Yes definitely looking at Willington as it is not far for us. Coding from year 1?! That is scary!

What is the general feel of the school? I presume you're happy there?

Thanks for your help!!

DrE678 Tue 19-Apr-16 13:06:13

It's a lovely school, we have been so happy there and will be sad when DS leaves. It's such a hidden gem with lovely boys and parents and great teachers who really care. I wish we'd had the same success with DD's school choices but that's another post altogether!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now