Nursery/ pre-schools around Wimbledon Chase area

(4 Posts)
biancahow Thu 28-Apr-16 14:34:33

Hi lovely mums,
We currently live in North London, but moving to the area next August.
It seems I might have missed the deadline to apply for a place in the Nursery at the local schools and now I will need to look for a private nursery/Pre-school for my 3 years old. Does anyone have a good recommendation for full-time nurseries in the Wimbledon chase area ?

I have also a 5 years old DD and I am worried about not getting a space for her in a nearby school. She will be starting YR 2 in September , but it seems you can only submit your in-year application in July, which probably means we will move without knowing if she has a place in a school or not.
Has anyone gone through this, where the child is not offered a place?

I am quite stressed, as I work full time and moving to a completely new area without having the school/ child care sorted. I am also a foreigner so learning the ropes of the educational system in the UK.

Any feedback appreciated.

ucelle Sat 30-Apr-16 19:38:21

There are a few and they are all very good. If you are looking for FT nursery care there is Dicky Birds and Building Blocks, Willows Preschool. More school nursery / preschool like (ie 3h+, term time only) - Castle Kindergarten, Wimbledon Montessori.. Other childcare options available (childminders, nanny) as well, I suggest you look at Merton Family Services Directory.
Sorry can't help with school as my DD is only 3yo. Wimbledon / Raynes Park's really lovely. Good luck!

biancahow Sun 01-May-16 17:18:53

Thanks Ucelle! I shall check the council's website.
Yes, I am looking for FT care. I will make an appoitment to check Ducky Birds.

LizRaynes2016 Tue 10-May-16 15:45:10

Hi, we are moving to Raynes Park as well and looking for childcare for my 3yr old and 1yr old - the nurseries seem very full! It is very stressful. We are now looking at childminders. How are you getting on Bianca - I wonder if you would consider a nanny share?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now