WIN A Family Ticket To GOOSEBUMPS KIDS At The London Vaults This May. - **NOW CLOSED**

(6 Posts)

This May, the team behind the “gloriously spine-tingling” (The Stage) Goosebumps ALIVE will also be premiering a separate immersive promenade style theatre production aimed at children (aged 5-11) – Goosebumps Kids. This multi-sensory, immersive and interactive world, based on RL Stine's phenomenally popular 1990s children’s book series, will be brought to life at award-winning arts venue The Waterloo Vaults.

Written and directed by children’s theatre stalwart Rob Watt (Orange Tree Theatre), plus design from Samuel Wyer (Alice’s Adventures Underground), scenes from some of Stine’s most iconic creations – including Stay Out of The Basement, Night of The Living Dummy and Say Cheese and Die! – will be given an exhilarating modern twist, especially for children.

Set in Professor Molloy’s world-renowned Museum of the Weird, the audience will be introduced to a plethora of strange and wonderful exhibits that are made all the more hair-raising when they start to come to life.... Can you help the petrified museum attendants stop the monsters from taking over? The audience can expect to discover a typewriter where everything that’s typed becomes real, an evil haunted mask, a camera that takes pictures of the future, an ancient scarecrow that comes to life, a giant pink blob that eats everything and a body-squeezing alien!

Featuring an array of unforgettable effects (including special artwork from the original book jacket illustrator Tim Jacobus), by “framing the Goosebumps stories as exhibits, we’ve created an environment where youngsters can encounter their deepest, darkest fears... but at a safe distance…” Rob Watt, Writer/Director of Goosebumps KIDS.

To be in with a chance of winning one family ticket (for up to four people, including at least one child) to the show at 11.30am on Saturday, 28 May 2016, please comment on the thread below (or on our competition post on our FB page or via Twitter #GoosebumpsKids) on your own ‘nightmare’ monster or scenario.

The competition closes at midday, Friday 20th May 2016. The winner will be randomly drawn and announced on this competition thread. (Please note that the prize is non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded).

The Vaults, Leake Street, London SE1 7NN.

georgiecurl Mon 16-May-16 11:57:43

a shark in a lift. no idea where it came from, but i still have nightmares about it

charliesantix Mon 16-May-16 12:06:00

When I was a very young kid, I used to have nightmares about Disney characters chasing me up and down stairs. Now, I have nightmares of Monsters Inc characters chasing me up and down stairs. Nothing changes....

elemis Wed 18-May-16 13:00:29

I had dinosaurs chasing me up and downstairs, the stairs were crumbling under my feet.
Tidal waves

This competition is now closed. Thank you for entering. There were lots of entries via Twitter in particular. We are pleased to announce that the winner is georgiecurl. We will be in touch shortly.

If you're interest has been piqued, please do check out our review, as featured on the Mumsnet Lambeth site.

It's a particularly great indoor activity for a rainy day such as today! wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now