Download the NHS Health Help Now App for Merton, helping you and your family find the right local service for your health needs.

(1 Post)

Did you know that the NHS Health Help Now App for Merton is available to help you find the right service for your health needs - especially if you just wanted some information, or if you are not sure what to do, or who to contact?

Developed by doctors and other healthcare professionals, Merton’s Health Help Now is available online and also as a downloadable app for FREE at iTunes for Apple or Google Play for Android devices.

Dr Doug Hing, Clinical Director for East Merton Model of Health and Wellbeing, has been the lead for this project. He said: "I am very excited about how Health Help Now offers our local community more information and control of their own health...I am recommending it to my patients and I hope everyone who lives and/or works in Merton will try it on their phone or computer so they have it to hand whether they're at home or out and about.”

Merton’s Health Help Now lists common symptoms and offers advice and suggestions for treatment based on five different age groups (baby, child, teenager, adult and older adult). By using the app, people should be able to find the service in Merton that can help them, whatever the time and wherever they are. It lists the most suitable option for most people first, with other suggestions following in order. It shows the nearest services, indicates whether these are open or closed, and provides a map of their location.

Dr Hing said: "Merton CCG's 'Whole Merton' vision aims to improve the health and well-being of Merton residents. The Health Help Now App is an innovative solution to provide information and advice on symptoms and finding the right services quickly. This can help avoid unnecessary visits to A&E, unless really needed, which will support our hospitals to focus on delivering emergency care for those patients who are seriously ill or injured”

FOR URGENT HEALTH ADVICE 24 HOURS A DAY, OR IF YOU DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, PHONE 111.

Web merton.healthhelpnow-nhs.net/
Twitter @NHSHealthHelp (#healthhelpnow)
Facebook www.facebook.com/nhshealthhelpnow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now